Need a Fuel pump

Put in a tank last season and the pump is now making a bunch of noise. Any recommendations for a source that’s not in the over 300 buck range?
It’s a '90.

TIA

Christian

Your option are; a new OE pump (~$300), a used pump of unknown condition and life, a kludge using a generic pump. Before going further I’d highly recommend checking this tank for rust. If there’s a layer of rust sediment in the bottom of the tank no pump, new or otherwise, will last very long. If there is a layer of rust in the bottom of the tank you can replace with a new unit (~$200) or acid clean and seal the tank you have.

Thanks for the input!

Its a brand new tank, purchased from the vendor GRM used, so rust should be no factor. The vent line on the top of the old one rusted to the point where it poured fuel out when filled and on a very slight tilt. Missed a race because of it.

Don’t want to bother with the unknown of a used pump. Just wondering if that OE price is all that is available…

I used a pump from Summit racing. It took some modifications to make it work, but not too hard. I can email you pics and the model number. Email me and I’ll forward them. I’ve used it for three events and so far no problems.

John

Sent you all the info and some pictures. Let me know if you need more info.

John