Nationals, 5 entries?

[quote=“Sonoma Valley Racing” post=78756]What The … (I’m coming unglued!)

This seems to be a repeat of the 2014 NASA Nationals when they chose a new rules package just before the event…it seems as though Spec E30 is ‘ever (d)evolving.’ How the one’s in charge decide they have only 5 entries…everything is fine; now, that we’ve all rallied together and up’d the entry list to 32+ (probably the biggest single class at the Western States Nationals), they’re changing the rules package.

Come on NASA, let’s at least be consistent and stick with the rules package the East Coast Nationals used…it is still 2014! And, there are some of the same people entered!

*I have so many more thoughts I must keep to myself…[/quote]

let it flow Ray i am also confused why we are running a different Hp rules than the east:huh:

[quote=“78kona” post=78766]Seems like a good rule compromise to me. It will definitely help the guys with higher horsepower.

People must have been complaining about the current rules. NASA would not have changed them otherwise. What exactly was said to “rally” 27 guys to suddenly sign up? Maybe if the rest of us new what you guys were told, it would help us understand why you are so mad. :unsure:

Steve you are right. Speak with your wallet. Take your ball and go home. :laugh:[/quote]

extending the late penalty for one then the $100.00 from Walter for two made me sign up.

but i assumed that we were running national rules now i might eat $75.00 in protest.

Was there ever a 155Hp limit precipitating that decision?

Besides, I’m not seeing HP win many races up this way.

[quote=“monster e30” post=78767][quote=“Sonoma Valley Racing” post=78756]What The … (I’m coming unglued!)

This seems to be a repeat of the 2014 NASA Nationals when they chose a new rules package just before the event…it seems as though Spec E30 is ‘ever (d)evolving.’ How the one’s in charge decide they have only 5 entries…everything is fine; now, that we’ve all rallied together and up’d the entry list to 32+ (probably the biggest single class at the Western States Nationals), they’re changing the rules package.

Come on NASA, let’s at least be consistent and stick with the rules package the East Coast Nationals used…it is still 2014! And, there are some of the same people entered!

*I have so many more thoughts I must keep to myself…[/quote]

let it flow Ray i am also confused why we are running a different Hp rules than the east:huh:[/quote]

Well, registration was very low until the last race at Sonoma, then it suddenly shot up. Maybe something happened there to give the locals a shot of confidence?

Personally, I’d speak to the national director & the assistant nat’l director if y’all have issues with these rules. I’m sure they’ve been going over this for months now, and I’m sure they’re well aware of the issues some members of our group have had with the current rule set. These changes don’t happen overnight.

If you hate the rules, voting with your wallet is not such a bad idea.

A bunch of us got together talked about what we wanted based upon NASA’s past decisions with the HP/TQ rules and we decided as a group of a certain amount of us to all sign up and race the Nationals.
I pretty much had to race anyway as I am racing for 3rd place in the season points.
I support NASA and I also support my fellow racers.
We need to get back to the way it was 6 years ago when I started racing in this series where NASA and the racers are all on the same page.
I started and continue to race in this series because of all of my fellow racers and the relationships and experiiences we all share together.

LETS JUST RACE AND HAVE FUN!!!

[quote=“jsclough” post=78787]A bunch of us got together talked about what we wanted based upon NASA’s past decisions with the HP/TQ rules and we decided as a group of a certain amount of us to all sign up and race the Nationals.
I pretty much had to race anyway as I am racing for 3rd place in the season points.
I support NASA and I also support my fellow racers.
We need to get back to the way it was 6 years ago when I started racing in this series where NASA and the racers are all on the same page.
I started and continue to race in this series because of all of my fellow racers and the relationships and experiiences we all share together.

LETS JUST RACE AND HAVE FUN!!![/quote]

“Can’t we all just get along?” Rodney King:laugh:

I want to take a moment to HUGELY thank the E30 crowd that attended the West Coast Champs!

Those of you that worked with us in Tech were quality…its never easy handing a list of things to have removed, or worse…not being able to say 'im sorry…but it let’s the world know yer clean.

Congratulations to the west champ! Larry Fraser!

I caught a photo of him working hard in tech before I had other work to do…I will share it.