Nationals, 5 entries?

Just wondering if they are going to let us change the dyno “smoothing” like they did at the east coast champs so that all motors were LEGAL??

Steve, that’s not entirely true. It wasn’t the smoothing, it was the correction factor. But more importantly, when it mattered (as when they did the compliance checks), they did follow the rules and used the correct smoothing & correction factor.

…and correction factor on the dyno cannot be changed. The SW does not allow it.

Good to know.

31 cars now listed and i noticed buzz bomb as an entrant:woohoo:

i noticed that the “rainman Brad” has entered the event so now i hope it doesn’t rain:sick:

now if this dyno smoothing stuff gets figured out before the 20th (which is the deadline to drop out) we should be good to go.

There is no dyno smoothing issue.

Never was.

Come race, have fun!

Looks like 31 entries now!!!

Wow…I wonder what happened that all of a sudden the entries increased 33% in such a short time. :huh:

Thats awesome that the entries have exploded.

I hope we are running National Rules.

Will extending the early bird entry fee and Walter giving the $100.00 discount is what made the difference for me.

they had to do something or the field would have been below 20.

now whats the HP going to be?

155/162 with weight, same as it’s always been…

i don’t think that is the rule being used at this national event.

i think it’s over 162 and your out!

i would prefer the national rule that you have quoted

there you go Buzz we are running norcal rules for the western nationals. 160.9 max HP

No we are not running NorCal rules we are running 2015 Spece30 rules!!!

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/spec_e30/2015

What The … (I’m coming unglued!)

This seems to be a repeat of the 2014 NASA Nationals when they chose a new rules package just before the event…it seems as though Spec E30 is ‘ever (d)evolving.’ How the one’s in charge decide they have only 5 entries…everything is fine; now, that we’ve all rallied together and up’d the entry list to 32+ (probably the biggest single class at the Western States Nationals), they’re changing the rules package.

Come on NASA, let’s at least be consistent and stick with the rules package the East Coast Nationals used…it is still 2014! And, there are some of the same people entered!

*I have so many more thoughts I must keep to myself…

Sounds like NASA has listened to all the complaints about the power limit being too low and responded accordingly. Sucks for those of us who told our engine builders “build me a <155hp motor” though.

Way to sound up Ray…

REPEAT,REPEAT,REPEAT NASA NASA NASA NASA REPEAT,REPEAT,REPEAT

Strength in numbers…Wonder how NASA would react if 27 drivers pulled their entry…Oh wait, albeit with fewer numbers, that’s what happened last year. Lets do the math, 27x$499, practice day fee, track entry fee…

This is an ADVANTAGE for those of you with powerful motors, and a DISADVANTAGE for those of us with 2014-legal motors. Why are you complaining? This HELPS you at the expense of everyone else.

They literally did exactly what you guys specifically asked for, and you’re complaining? I’m absolutely baffled at why.

Seems like a good rule compromise to me. It will definitely help the guys with higher horsepower.

People must have been complaining about the current rules. NASA would not have changed them otherwise. What exactly was said to “rally” 27 guys to suddenly sign up? Maybe if the rest of us new what you guys were told, it would help us understand why you are so mad. :unsure:

Steve you are right. Speak with your wallet. Take your ball and go home. :laugh: