NASA Summer Summit agust 18-19

Who’s in?

for those who didn’t see the posts in classified section, I just purchased Robert Allen’s ole #12 and just picked it up this past saturday

I have been racing with Nasa Mid-Atlantic for 12 years and have been the PT group liason for the last several years (and I will still be the PT group leader), but decided I was ready for a change and have switched to Spec e30.

Looking forward to running with what looks to be a fun competitive group…hopefully there are no changes in the rules that i don’t know about for Robert’s car since it hasn’t been raced since 2010?

see you all in a couple of weeks at summit

We will be there for sure. looking forward to it, a tuneup for nationals! we should have the new car out for a shakedown.

Drive-gear.com

There wasn’t anything notable except for the minimum weight. Now 2,700lbs w/ driver.

Rob, you going to be there for that event?

I’m planning on it.

I’m out. I’ll be coming home from a week working in beautiful Erie, PA. :pinch: I need a new job.

I am packed up and ready to head down on Friday.

All ready to go, just need to get tires from phil and figure out how Robert mounted his home depot air dam once the car is off the trailer.

looking forward to figuring out the new car after 10 years in the old one.

we have two cars running for the weekend. should put us over 10 cars with more I would bet. Weather looks great.

Drive-gear.com

Saturday qualifying - featuring a NASCAR style tire change
http://youtu.be/50-BkT2ypWc

Saturday’s race - ended early for a red flag
http://youtu.be/EYQLWFIqDW4

Sunday’s race - good scrap w/ Robert Grace till the very end
http://youtu.be/D1Tl1HYFRaY

Rob, thanks for giving me space on sat, i was all over the place with the new car at the start of the race

Nice videos Rob. I am not even sure I see a yellow flag when we all almost collected that Thunder Roadster mid race.

The owner came up to me on Sunday and wanted to thank me for avoiding hitting him in turn 1 when he was spinning out. I was like “Um, thanks for coming to find me, but that wasn’t me. Maybe it was another car?” The guy was super nice, but on track I saw a lot of shady stuff from him. What’s the deal w/ the Thunder roadsters? I heard they are a mess in the South East as well.

during the race i saw a standing yellow, but no waving, i was shocked when there was a car in the dust cloud

That guy spun right in front of my in T5 - I was thinking “wow, that’s a pretty wide line…” then he looped it and I had to go off track left between T5 and T6 to avoid him.

Great meeting you/racing against you Harper, nice drive in a new car! Also, great drive on Sunday Rob - the end of that one was a lot more exciting than I was anticipating! Videos to come.

Robert, thanks for making me feel welcome. Seems like a great group of guys, you guys couldn’t have been friendlier (well, you could have slowed down and let me win)

looking forward to getting quicker so i can give both of you guys a run for your money. Putting the car on the dyno tomorrow,but after watching Rob’s video, i am not so sure the dyno at the rack was correct.

ps. in an effort to solve the hp issue, we tested my TPS sat night which tested out fine…of course, i failed to plug the TPS wire/clip back in and ran all of sunday with the TPS unplugged…which explains why the car felt slow sunday :wink:

looking forward to not doing anything that dumb at nationals.

Robert doesn’t understand the concept of “slow down”. We all find it rather annoying. :laugh:

BTW Mr Grace, that Sunday video Gagliardo posted should be bookmarked. It’s a great instruction on how you get around the track. Helped me see one thing I’ve been doing wrong in spite of your excellent instruction.

I remember seeing the standing yellow but did not see it on Robs vidio. Watching on a screen bigger than my phone tonight I could see it. The Thunder Roadster guy was super nice but did a few scary things on the track. We were chatting on Sat. and he said he started at the back of the pack. Then I figured out he was that driver. I asked if it looked as scary from his seat as it did from ours as we passed him on all sides. I think he got Herrington in a bad situation on Sunday as that was the only white car left since he tried to apologize to me as well. I said I did not see him at all on Sunday. Must be Rob or Dave. Great weekend though.

According to the results, the TR was Mike Rea and he was the one who ended my Sunday fun at CMP back in May.

fwiw

put the car on the perf. autosport dyno today

it made 146.5 and 153 tq
(on sat at dyno at track made 140 and 148)