NASA Midwest GingerMan recap

Well, the good news is I broke my string of two consecutive days of wrecking the car. The bad news is we had zero cars at GingerMan. Just one of those perfect storms. We were either gonna get 5 or 0. My car’s not quite done, you’ve all read about Rob Rhoades problems with getting parts for his motor, and Tom Tiede had a rocker arm to replace and some family obligations getting in the way. That left Robert Schmitt and Ryan C with the only running cars in the group. Ryan opted to run Grattan with GL (can’t blame him), and Robert opted to save up for Autobahn, I guess (Hint: you don’t want to have that orange plate on your car next year!)

That doesn’t mean fun wasn’t had by all. The MWSE30 Party Wagon made its 2012 debut. I spent the weekend recruiting and watching some fantastic racing. Hightlight of the weekend–944 Spec rolls in the first race. They find some lexan somewhere and cobble together a windshield. After burning off the oil in the head, he goes out and demolishes the field in both races on Sunday! The guy he beat both races is the Nat Director, and he was doing the bulk of the guy’s body work. Reminds me of SE30!

See you at Autobahn!

I still plan on 8 races or more this year.

Like any other muscle, the racing muscle must be regularly stretched and exercised. :slight_smile: