NASA Mid-South TGPR "Shake & Brake" Event May 21-2

I see that myself, a Bratton, Levie, and another E30 driven by Thomas Logan will be there. Hoping for a great weekend.

Temperatures should be pretty reasonable (mid 80’s), but it looks like there’s a chance for rain.

The “Bratton” is my father. I won’t be able to make this one either…

Yeah I knew it was your father. I’m looking forward to trying a set of brand new RA1s to feel the difference, but I will definitely have my Kumho XS ready if it does rain. Will also be getting to see video with the new wide angle lens and convex mirror setup.

Since you are running in TT, you are going to miss a great opportunity to film my car disappearing in the distance. But then, because I’m going to run in HPDE 4, you get a pass for a 1st place in TTE!

Is that some Mid South smack talk? You sure you don’t want to switch to TTE. It would be great to see what times we run. Unlike Madooski, I don’t consider the fastest car in a field of 1 a real 1st place. :smiley:

I was a TDGP a few weeks ago in my Spec and was turning 1:13’s. I have no idea if that is fast or not but it will give you a refrence point to compare to.

My best time, at the last event, was a mid 1:11 according to my IQ3. If sufficiently inspired I’m pretty sure I could take a second off that. Chris was running in the 1:12’s on the laps I timed him.

Are you sure you want me to switch to TT? I thought about it but decided that it wouldn’t be entirely fair.Now if Allen was coming and running TT, that would be a different matter. It just doesn’t seem right to me for a racer to run in TT against non-racers. You don’t really get fast until you start racing against the SE or MA folks. Then you find out what fast really means.

i like the new “trash-talking jim”

Well I did learn “smack talk” from the pro’s in the SE region…

My best at the first event was a 1:12.5 on Kumho XS. I have a new set of shaved RA1s and will be at least 50 pounds lighter this time (removed spare tire and passenger seat/harness), so I hope to run some 11s or 10s :evil: .

Trust me, it’s not new…

Trust me, it’s not new…[/quote]
I have no idea why you’d say that.

It was a great day and my best lap of the day on Saturday was a 1:11.363. I followed that up by spinning at the exit of turn 1 later that session. I’m downloading the video now. Fastest time of the day was a 1:04.xxx by a TTA Corvette.

Well I reached my goal this weekend. I got down to a 1:10.9xx in the first session on Sunday. Unfortunetly I also had a spin off track on Saturday. The car didn’t seem to be gripping as well the lap before, and I believe that combined with the yellow flag in the corner caused me to change my turn in, not get down to the apex, and consequently run out of track at the exit of turn 1. Luckily I had no damage as all my damage on the weekend came from the 10 or so cones I mowed down. I posted 2 videos. The first is my spin on Saturday, and the second is a whole Sunday TT session to show where the grid and pits are at the track in case anyone was interested. You will also notice on the Sunday video that my low oil pressure light did come on during the 2 long left hand sweepers a couple times. I watched all my laps and the light rarely came on, but it did come on. I now have over 150 laps at this track, so I hope I am not damaging my motor. On to the videos shot with my new wide angle lens (thanks Tower) and wide mirror in spectacular 720p. I added some padding to the battery and my camera did not turn off at all this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF6g2jA5D9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg77hvz8ZCI

Face shield down… You’d be amazed where you will find gravel if you find a trap. Not to mention stuff ricocheting off your mirrors when you are on track.

Looks like you guys had fun. That is a great track for testing!

[quote=“King Tut” post=57186] You will also notice on the Sunday video that my low oil pressure light did come on during the 2 long left hand sweepers a couple times. I watched all my laps and the light rarely came on, but it did come on.
[/quote]
What were the rpms doing when the oil light came on? Is it possible that you were shifting and rpms briefly dropped low?

Nope it was always at the exit of the corner when I was near full throttle or modulating it.