NASA Mid South - Hunka Hunka Burnin' Rubber at MIR

[quote]Registration is now open for the first ever NASA event July 9th and 10th at Memphis International Raceway, “Hunka Hunka Burnin’ Rubber at MIR”!

And here is the link: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1260

This event will mark another first for the region as we are holding our first races. We will also have HPDE 1-4, Time Trials, and an Instructor Clinic.

We are also considering a Comp School on Friday, so if you are interested, I need to know by June 4.

Thanks for supporting the Mid South region.[/quote]

Who else is in? I know Jim will be there, and I am doing comp school on Friday and plan to do my first races that weekend.

I’ll be there and I’m trying to talk Wayne Garner and Matt Thorton into coming. Matt Harness has to attend a wedding, so he is out.

Anyone else coming? Only 2 weekends away.

My anniversary is that weekend and I would like to have more in the future… won’t be racing! Good luck all!

Just think of the memories a celebration of your anniversary at the track would bring!

my extended time away from home at the track is the only thing that keeps my marriage alive

Event is finally here this weekend. Any late sign ups?

Well I had a great time this weekend. I got my comp license and 3 years of work were well worth it. We had 3 races this weekend, and I had a great time. We did a 45 minute race on Sunday where I ended up doing 28 laps with a best lap of 1:25.1 after qualifying that morning with a 1:23.5. I am still uploading video, but here is the mock start session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m12McB-I3kA

Pantas gave me the nod to race at Road Atlanta, so I am looking forward to next month.

Great job this weekend Chris. Now you can be like everyone else and when someone asks what you do, you can say “I am a race car driver.” Should be interesting to see how it goes at RA.

Going to start tearing the front end off the car this weekend and re-doing the radiator box and front opening on the Mustang. Hope to be ready to test at RA in prep for Nationals.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Shawn

… and that brings us to my race 1 video where on lap 1 we get to see a Mustang tearing up the front end :laugh: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGxBYaD3WWw

So how many cones died in the making of that video? Memphis looks fun; sorry I missed it! It was Pantas that hit that while right?

There were a couple of cones that were killed numerous times. I had to hit one cone about four times before I finally moved out of muy path in Sunday’s race.

Yep, it was Pantas the hit the tires. The right front totally locked up and it didn’t look like the other brakes were doing much at all. It was a very low speed hit, so minimal damage. Jim has the honor of being responsible for the very first MidSouth incident report! I should have that on video as I was right behind him.

Saturday Race 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHc06HUi-F4

Not much different than race 1. Some action in the first couple laps then hot lapping.

[quote=“King Tut” post=58333]Well I had a great time this weekend. I got my comp license and 3 years of work were well worth it. We had 3 races this weekend, and I had a great time. We did a 45 minute race on Saturday where I ended up doing 28 laps with a best lap of 1:25.1 after qualifying that morning with a 1:23.5. I am still uploading video, but here is the mock start session:

Pantas gave me the nod to race at Road Atlanta, so I am looking forward to next month.[/quote]

Congrats on the comp license!! Wish I was going to be at RA next month to throw you a beating B)

I will be ready for said beating at Roebling in September, Nashville in October, or Road Atlanta in December.

I will be ready for said beating at Roebling in September, Nashville in October, or Road Atlanta in December.[/quote]

Sounds like you really want that promised beating! :laugh:

I predict the beating will not come at any of those events nor any in the future.

I’m planning on being at RA in Dec. Loser buys the beer!! I’m a fan of Heineken you should plan on bringing some with you, I get thirsty after a long race.

I will be the judge validating the outcome of this challenge. Either way I will have a Heineken. B)