Nasa Ma vs Nasa SE grudge match at VIR July 23-24

DriveGear racing and Bimmerparts.com is sponsoring a competition to take place at VIR July 23-24th. The two greatest spec e30 regions in the country will battle it out to determine who is the best in the world. Nasa MA has long bragged we are the fastest and the SE has the biggest fields and has the most fun. Lets combine all of this and see who is fastest and has the most fun really. The competitions will consist of three parts:

1-Total # of participants for each region in spec e30

2-Fastest laptime

3-Finishing order of pre-chosen 5 racers from each region (tie braker is laptimes)

Prizes

1- MA vs SE t-shirts for all

2- Free entry to be randomly drawn

3- Trophies for the winning team(ie beer mugs)

Rules

1- all must run Bimmerparts windshield banner and DriveGear decals (both supplied) despite any groans from bmw club weiner racers

2- Must reach 20 entries for free entry to be available

3- All Nasa rules apply, even the ones we dont like.

4- Awards will be based off of Saturday races and awarded at the DriveGear trailer Saturday night after beer bongs

5-any tie breakers or conflicts will be settled by an independent third party or me

6-if there is anything else that I forgot we will figure it out along the way
7-we reserve the right to change or cancel this at any point if no one decides to show up

just when i think i’m out they pull me back in. see you in the gravel trap (aka vir paddock)

Doesn’t seem fair for it to be hosted at a MA track. Perhaps a 2 track series with averaged results one MA track and one SE track.

we welcome any and all MA drivers to come to cmp in early oct for phase 2 of the grudge match

[quote=“King Tut” post=57960]Doesn’t seem fair for it to be hosted at a MA track. Perhaps a 2 track series with averaged results one MA track and one SE track.[/quote]Yes, but VIR is such a freaking awesome place. And all the MA guys are afraid of Road Atlanta. :woohoo:

Sorry I can’t make this one… :frowning:

I’ll be there, unfortunately I’m not the greatest representative from the SE. In fact other than a few laps during my instructor clinic I haven’t been to VIR since DE 2.

This is a interesting idea though, because the fast guys in the SE are just that FAST, and far from mediocre!! I agree this needs to be a one MA track one SE track grudge match.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am hoping we can get some more cool events going and create some cohesion within the two groups. VIR seemed to make sense since its kinda of a middle grounds for both groups. It takes us about 7-8 hours to get there so its our furthest regular stop. I should have the event logo ready soon so everyone can see what the t-shirts will look like. Hoping we can make Road Atlanta Dec again this year. The attached is the “trophy” I plan on using…

Sounds like fun. As far as equal ground for SE, RA in Dec works for me. So maybe we can schedule that for round II?

PS
I just hope that Tower isn’t from MA. :lol:

[quote=“Rob in VA” post=58010]Sounds like fun. As far as equal ground for SE, RA in Dec works for me. So maybe we can schedule that for round II?

PS
I just hope that Tower isn’t from MA. :lol:[/quote]

technically i’m from GL. but for the purposes of putting you in the hurt locker i’m SE all the way.

The weekend before the big Chumpcar 24hour…

I have a credit with MA…just might make it, depends on tires…

Al

ps, I was 5th last year at this event…

This is a great idea - I’m planning to be there but will be helping with comp school and hanging with my buddy and other students at back of pack to help them cut their teeth (hell, I’d be back there anyway, may as well have an excuss!).

Oh man…there’s so much I want to say right now but I think I’ll save it for the track. Great idea P1, looking forward to it!

Will be there, with the #12 washed and waxed with a for sale sign on it, too much to do for the chumpcar race the next weekend. I can deliver parts though…and will stand around and drink beer.

Email parts requests to:

wabmw25@aol.com

Thanks

Al Taylor

Hey guys, I was planning to do some coaching on Friday but the driver I was going to work with can no longer make the event. I’ll still be arriving Thursday night so if you know anyone running on Friday looking for some more speed, send them my way! I’ll make it well worth your referral! www.robertgraceracing.com

Thanks!

So who is in for this event? I have yet to see an entry list. Here is what I have so far:

Rick Mariani
Andrew Zimmermann
Robert Grace
Brandon Hey ?
Jason Tower
David Martin

I spoke to Brandon Hey and he’s in. I’m in as well.

You can add me to the list!!

The registration list is here.

Guys I am going to postpone the competition due to lack of entries. I will still have some suprises for everyone. Lets try this at a later date. here is the current list:

Richard Cofer-MA
Ed Davidson MA
Robert Gagliardo MA
Robert Grace MA
David Herrington MA
Brandon Hey MA
Virgil R.(Rick) Mariani MA
David Martin MA
jason tower SE
Andrew Zimmermann MA

We still have our Bimmerworld contigency and TC Motorports contigency. If you have any questions on those please contact me.