Mysterious wire...

Actually there are quite a few, but this one eludes me. It is coming from a harness that is routed what appears to be behind the fan/water pump . Not sure what it does or if it is even necessary. Any thoughts?

OEM oil pressure switch. Illums below 7psi.

That looks like a generic barrel screw-on terminal plug, but the original setup had at least two wires running in a long, skinny plastic harness that clipped, through 2 u-shaped plastic clips, to the front of the timing cover.

The two wires I can recall are the crank position sensor (which you obviously have or it wouldn’t run) and the factory oil warning idiot light, which is down by the pan below the oil filter housing.

[quote=“ctbimmer” post=64344]That looks like a generic barrel screw-on terminal plug, but the original setup had at least two wires running in a long, skinny plastic harness that clipped, through 2 u-shaped plastic clips, to the front of the timing cover.

The two wires I can recall are the crank position sensor (which you obviously have or it wouldn’t run) and the factory oil warning idiot light, which is down by the pan below the oil filter housing.[/quote]
I will check that in the AM, thanks.