Mysterious Relay

Okay, so I have two relay’s strapped to the dash bar. While I don’t know what they are for, this one, has me concerned. Many of the wires towards the main harness are burned up and/or insulation frayed. I am thinking it is ABS but would like some concrete info before I dive into it. Ideas?

Oh, and I have a wiring manual and a Bentley manual on the way but I like instant gratification, which is why I turn to you guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the ABS relay. If you have ABS problems such that your ABS light comes on BEFORE the car moves, you want to pop the cap of the relay and see if the little fusable link looks intact.

I haven’t seen ANY ABS light. Not even sure if it works. Like I said a lot of wires leading to that relay are burned up. I will look into it further over the weekend. Maybe I will put the stock wheels and tires on for a little brake lockup testing exercise.

ABS light has to work for ABS to work. Odd, but the truth. If it doesn’t come on at key-on, it’s dead. $9 at your local dealer.

$9.00 for relay? Gotta clean up the wires first. If you look at the photo, one is missing from the plug and another, the green wire, isn’t connected to anything.

$9.00 for relay? Gotta clean up the wires first. If you look at the photo, one is missing from the plug and another, the green wire, isn’t connected to anything.[/quote]
$9 for the bulb. $25 for the relay.

Only reason I knew how much the bulb was is that I bought one yesterday.