'Marines' Car Updates

I have started this thread to share my trials & tribulations. Hope you enjoy. All photos are linked from http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u291/Teufelauto/Car/
This is the first photo I had of my car.

Here is the first paint design picture.

The hood is a real piece of work.

These are the decals I have for it.

These are the seats that will be installed.

Hope you enjoyed the first installment!

Very nice.

BTW…got the goodies the other day!

Thanks so much!!

Having a "Fly Navy" and a "Marines" car in the field will be great!

Carter

Carter wrote:

[quote]Having a "Fly Navy" and a "Marines" car in the field will be great!

Carter[/quote]
It wouldn’t be the first time the Naval services have led the way… Who’s gonna do the Army Of One car?:laugh:
Thunderbirds car? Coastie Car? (That would actually look really sharp. White with a big red diagonal stripe.) There’s already a wicked cool Police car.
We’ll need a Fire Marshal car and a Rural Letter Carrier car and we’ll have most of the major cival service jobs covered!

Ric, you’re welcome. I wish I could have gotten the cap to you sooner.

The weather up here in Michigan is going to turn for the worse in a couple days. (cold) I’m going to try to get as much of the paint done as I can tomorrow. At least the first two coats of wonderful Rustoleum Safety Red. I am pretty happy with my paint design because it is different (so far) from everyone else’s.

I am excited to pick up my new wheels at Elephant Motorsports sometime this week. I’ll probably need to leave one set here in Michigan with family, since I don’t have room in the car for 8 wheels with my other junk from this trip. There is a good chance I’ll be moving to Michigan next summer so that’s fine. I like to have things like these saved away for later.

The car had its first session at VIR in the Hyperdrive and it was VERY well behaved. The car is a lot better than my abilities, so yes, I am the weakest link! I’ll be attempting to remedy that starting with HPDE at CMP.

Teufelauto wrote:

[quote]Carter wrote:

Carter[/quote]
It wouldn’t be the first time the Naval services have led the way… Who’s gonna do the Army Of One car?:laugh:
Thunderbirds car? Coastie Car? (That would actually look really sharp. White with a big red diagonal stripe.) There’s already a wicked cool Police car.
We’ll need a Fire Marshal car and a Rural Letter Carrier car and we’ll have most of the major cival service jobs covered!

Ric, you’re welcome. I wish I could have gotten the cap to you sooner.

The weather up here in Michigan is going to turn for the worse in a couple days. (cold) I’m going to try to get as much of the paint done as I can tomorrow. At least the first two coats of wonderful Rustoleum Safety Red. I am pretty happy with my paint design because it is different (so far) from everyone else’s.

I am excited to pick up my new wheels at Elephant Motorsports sometime this week. I’ll probably need to leave one set here in Michigan with family, since I don’t have room in the car for 8 wheels with my other junk from this trip. There is a good chance I’ll be moving to Michigan next summer so that’s fine. I like to have things like these saved away for later.

The car had its first session at VIR in the Hyperdrive and it was VERY well behaved. The car is a lot better than my abilities, so yes, I am the weakest link! I’ll be attempting to remedy that starting with HPDE at CMP.[/quote]
It was good to finally meet you, Thanks again for the MRE, and sorry the wait list was so long for the HPDE spot…:unsure:

I think I may go the Buffett/parrothead theme

I think I may go the Buffett/parrothead theme

^^^^^^
That should look pretty good David…

I like the idea.

As an Army veteran, I should but an Army scheme on mine so we can eventually have a complete set!

Teufelauto wrote:

[quote]Carter wrote:

Carter[/quote]
Thunderbirds car? Coastie Car? (That would actually look really sharp. White with a big red diagonal stripe.) .[/quote]

Actually, the Army has changed their slogan to "Army Strong". Definately an improvement, IMHO.

Agreed, the Coast Guard theme would look great. I have an Army background but I’m not a fan of black and gold. Maybe painting it the new Army ACU pixelated camo pattern would be a good idea? It’d probably work too well and I’d have Spec Miatas running into me all the time. :slight_smile:

Ah, the joy of a steady paycheck. Unfortunately at the expense of progress on the car and skill for the driver. I already had to pull out of a DE and was told by the boss to just go ahead and forget making any more plans that involved a schedule.:pinch:

Here are a couple shots of the car. Imediately following the first coat of paint the pine trees decided to pollinate.

And after 5 rolled on coats of Rustoleum Safety Red! Look at those wheels! Got them from Elephant Moto. MotoVATING!

I’m working on the gold trim now.

Lookin’ good, man!

Good choice with the bumpers. Everyone knows that diving boards make a car faster! :woohoo:

Put on the gold this morning. It went on great to the sides but relatively poor on the hood. I’ll probably redo the hood with it vertical instead of down so the metalic paint works right. I just need to buff the red and put some wax on it before I apply all the vinyl.

Looks good! Did you roll the red and spray the gold? Are you just going to wet sand it to get it smooth and then clear coat?

I had thought about doing an Army car also - been a few years since I served (80’s), but I have a black roller and the gold would be kind of cool. I figured black could also make a good base green/tan/black camo, and if it ever got dinged it would be easy to touch up. :wink:

Age wrote:

[quote]Looks good! Did you roll the red and spray the gold? Are you just going to wet sand it to get it smooth and then clear coat?

I had thought about doing an Army car also - been a few years since I served (80’s), but I have a black roller and the gold would be kind of cool. I figured black could also make a good base green/tan/black camo, and if it ever got dinged it would be easy to touch up. ;)[/quote]

You got it right. I rolled the rustolium red on using the http://rollyourcar.com/default.aspx process from the Mopar board. The gold is rustolium spray. I wet sanded the red with 2000 and will buff it before wax. I dont know how well the gold buffs or waxes as it is quite rough in texture. I’ll probably not chance it.

This car won’t be complete until it has the word "Hoorah!" painted or taped on the rear bumper or valence panel!

Jamie - Looks great! Can’t wait to see it in person. A friend of Mike’s did the roller and it is amazing how durable that stuff is.
Ed

Not too shabby.

HOO-RAH!!!

If only Chesty Puller could see this car. Great job. I just knocked out 20 pushups just out of pure motivation. :woohoo:

I’m expecting to see a pic of this car in GRM. Photogs love theme cars. More power to ya!