m20 lift bracket

Has anyone ever thought about how many time that lift point in the front of the m20 can be used to pull the motor and tranny out before its at risk of breaking? whenever i pull the combo out, it tends to bend a little further than i m comfortable with and am just wondering how many times it can be bent before its going to break. Also, is there anyone who sells a stronger one or has thought about making a stronger one? i know most will say that i am supposed to use an engine leveler and grab the hole in the back of the block by the starter but its really hard to get a fat chain down there and put a bolt through, if everyone is going to yell at me for being lazy, then my next question is does anyone know of a good cable engine leveler? i used one before and it was freakin awesome, best tool i have ever used for bmw stuff and i havnt been able to find anything like it online

It’s easy to get more of those front lift brackets. Every kid that is parting out an M20 will give you one for the price of a beer. I probably have 4. Mine go for 2 beers. They’re special.

Chuck Baader has a hook sort of thing on a long shaft that hangs down from his leveler. It hooks right into the hole at the rear of the block and is a nice time saver. It hooks the block in 10secs.

If you delete the coolant hose coming out of the back of the head it’s a bit easier to get to the lift hole.

I have one of those “hook things” or the rear of the block too. That is the way to do it.

Does anyone have a pic of this “hook thing”?