Looking for rental options

Hi all,
I am new to NASA, and SE30. I live in SD but I have 12 DE days between Spring Mountain, Road Atlanta and VIR with Chin Motorsports in a C5 Corvette. I’m looking to go through NASA’s program to eventually get my provisional for SE30. At this point I’m looking for rental options for the process until I can get a car. I spoke with Midnight Oil in SD and they have a rental but it looks to be popular and spoken for well in advance. Are there other options in SoCal? or Norcal?
Thanks for the help guys!-C

BTM motorsports in campbell has a couple cars they are renting out i hear. I don’t know what their policy is on renting for hpde ’ s but check with them. Mike will probably answer the phone. Very nice guy

Depending on the date, this one is availabe.

https://www.facebook.com/E30RentalRacer?ref=hl

Thanks guys. I go back and forth about renting or buying because do to my schedule, I can’t get alot of weekends off so I’d only be able to do a few races a season. I have a tow vehicle and a place to store the car so that’s no prob with buying. Also, with buying I would retain some resale value. Renting sounds appealing with a car that comes prepped and no large sum of money gone immediately.( just a big leak along the way)
Any help is appreciated!

i started my HPDEs with my daily driver 2001 330ci. since i didnt want to wreck it ( and i have seen wrecks at HPDEs and time trails with daily drivers) I decided to build a spec E30 car to finish my HPDEs and get into the spec E30 class.
If you are lucky enough to come across a ready car and you have the money, trailer and space, Go for it.
I personally decided to build a car for the “slow leak” build cost as opposed to laying down 10k on a finished car. Im funny that way even though i know it will cost me thousands more.
All that being said, maybe you can buy a solid, Stock E30, E36 or E46 to do your HPDEs. I had a blast tracking my E46 and its bone stock.
Whatever you decide, good luck man. Welcome to the exciting sport of NASA racing

[quote=“cbahnz” post=76134]Thanks guys. I go back and forth about renting or buying because do to my schedule, I can’t get alot of weekends off so I’d only be able to do a few races a season. I have a tow vehicle and a place to store the car so that’s no prob with buying. Also, with buying I would retain some resale value. Renting sounds appealing with a car that comes prepped and no large sum of money gone immediately.( just a big leak along the way)
Any help is appreciated![/quote]

If you ever get back east we rent cars from FLA-NY…

Drive-gear.com

BTM is a good option in the north. In the south, the guys at Midnight Oil seem to have a good thing going too. If you’d like another option, I rent, transport and support Spec E30 racers as well. I have 3 race prepped cars and I attend all the Northern California NASA events. I have various options available, including rent to own programs that might interest you. Call me (707 328 7709) or drop me a PM and I’ll get you some more information.
Ray

I didn’t know Ray rented cars too. +1 for SVR. Ray is a great guy and very helpful in my search for a Spec car.

Thanks for all the info guys! I’m hoping to get up to Fontana on Sat morn to see how it all goes down.

were easy to find. Garage #3 spots 30-40. that be us! Come say hi!