Looking for a Paddock Canopy

Ok! time to finally have some shade. Seen some good ones and others that look like they’d fold in a gentle breeze. Recommendations?

Thanks!

This is SpecE30 racing, so I would say the $80 one at the local WalMart gets the job done. If your worried about breeze get some sandbags to go along with it.

WalMart maybe, Sam’s for sure, they have an EZ-up very reasonable.

I have the cheapo EZ-Up with the vinyl covering. If I would buy another I’d go for the fabric. Aside from that I’m very happy with it. I keep it on planet earth via 4 really thick/long bungee cords I got at the Carlisle swap meet from those tool vendors that are at every car show. I hook two to the trailer, one to a spare wheel and one to my toolbox or cooler. It is easier to put up and keep in one piece than the conduit and tent stake types.

I got burnt real bad this weekend. I was thinking Big Lots. They have some nice outdoor furniture. I know they have screened canopies but I’m not sure if they have the usual racing canopies. I try to avoid walmart for fear of being stabbed in the restrooms.

I just got a EZ-UP 12x12 tent from Acadamy Sports for $140 and this weekend at Road Atlanta it was worth EVERY PENNY!!! lol

PepBoys had a few today,

Ez-up copies
10 X 10 for 60.00
12 x 12 for 80.00
10x 15 for 150.00

Just paid $104 for a 12 x 12 ‘Quick-Up" at KMart. Has an aluminized interior to the canopy that really blocks the sun. Good deal. Only downside is the aluminum frame seams to be about .003" thick. Legs bend easily. However, We previously had a nice steel 10 x 15 canopy from Cabelas that cost $350 that we thought would last several years and the windpicked it up and deposited it a mangled mess about 20’ away despite being tied down - in less than a year. So, we’re buying cheap throw-away canopies from now on.