Long shocks or short springs

I used pad/s :wink:

I just heard that there are shorter (10mm) front strut housings? Not to be confused with 45mm vs 51mm diameter ones.

Is this true???

As far as I know a shorter strut housing would be one that has been modified after production. I don’t remeber seeing alternative strut’s with different lengths in the BMW ETK.

The struts Curtis (trackrat) was selling in the ads here made mention of “shorter ones”… I emailed Jeff and he said they were 10mm shorter??? Sold btw.

Seems to me you would have to get a shorter Bilstein strut too, right?

Was just curious… still much to learn here!

i think the shorter ones are the ones people modify to install the shorter koni’s for GC setups etc. stock ones are all the same length AFAIK.

[quote=“NASA144” post=57994]The struts Curtis (trackrat) was selling in the ads here made mention of “shorter ones”… I emailed Jeff and he said they were 10mm shorter??? Sold btw.

Seems to me you would have to get a shorter Bilstein strut too, right?

Was just curious… still much to learn here![/quote]

i noticed that too, and i’m the one who claimed them (was gonna pick up at the july vir race). if you want them that’s fine with me, i only called dibs on the off chance that i’d need them but i don’t think i will.

no thanks! building spec here…

[quote=“NASA144” post=57997]no thanks! building spec here…[/quote]So is Tower. But his is spelled “spec” (with the air quotes).

yup, that’s why i win so many races