Just joined today

Just joined today and wanted to introduce myself

I race with NASA in GTS and drive the other German car … please don’t hold that against me :whistle:

I am here to learn and participate as my daughter has become hooked as she has been working her way up the HPDE ladder and loves the NASA family. This year she has rented a E30 and loves it and now is in the market to buy one. So I’m here to help with understanding the car and group not only for the purchase process but for support going forward.

Where you located?

I assume you are asking me? NC … NASA Mid-Atlantic … VIR is home track

[quote=“BigDaddy30” post=69881]Just joined today and wanted to introduce myself

I race with NASA in GTS and drive the other German car … please don’t hold that against me :whistle: [/quote]

Welcome, AUDI or MB? :wink:

I just put my E30 up for sale due to lack of track time. Good luck with your search.

Welcome’ I’m guessing Porsche.

Ditto on the “car for sale” If the daughter doesn’t mind spec e30 suspension and 4 doors…770-886-2500.
The good news is that both sale candidates are in the SE area.

RP

[quote=“Patton” post=69960]Welcome’ I’m guessing Porsche.

Ditto on the “car for sale” If the daughter doesn’t mind spec e30 suspension and 4 doors…770-886-2500.
The good news is that both sale candidates are in the SE area.

RP[/quote]

Thanks … we are looking forward to seeing your baby this weekend :slight_smile:

[quote=“wsl” post=69958][quote=“BigDaddy30” post=69881]Just joined today and wanted to introduce myself

I race with NASA in GTS and drive the other German car … please don’t hold that against me :whistle: [/quote]

Welcome, AUDI or MB? :wink:

I just put my E30 up for sale due to lack of track time. Good luck with your search.[/quote]

NOPE … I like Audis on the street and have had one, and daughter has one now as her DD … never a MB … RP got it right and if you click on my avatar it should have been clear, but then I’m guessing you knew that all along :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

Welcome! I assume your daughter will also be in the SE? The cars are old and slow but cheap to drive relative to all the other Deutsche Eisen. Some of the operators are also old and slow but I digress. It’s a welcoming crowd and it’ll be nice to have some representation from the fairer sex.

Thanks for the Welcome RR … I have always known this is a great group and I know she will enjoy …

Actually we are not in SE but MA … close though in NC. I hope to get south to do some racing as time permits, however, she will be stuck at VIR for the time being w/o trailer and tow vehicle. There are worse places than VIR if you only have one for now. Although I guess her loving father could lend her a trailer and stay home at some point …

[quote=“BigDaddy30” post=70094]Thanks for the Welcome RR … I have always known this is a great group and I know she will enjoy …

Actually we are not in SE but MA … close though in NC. I hope to get south to do some racing as time permits, however, she will be stuck at VIR for the time being w/o trailer and tow vehicle. There are worse places than VIR if you only have one for now. Although I guess her loving father could lend her a trailer and stay home at some point …[/quote]

Cool, where are you at in NC? There are a bunch of SE30 types in the Raleigh area. Will you be at VIR in Feb? If so, feel free to stop by the SE30 “area” in the paddock and check out the cars, shoot the breeze, have a beer, etc.

[quote=“juliancates” post=70097][quote=“BigDaddy30” post=70094]Thanks for the Welcome RR … I have always known this is a great group and I know she will enjoy …

Actually we are not in SE but MA … close though in NC. I hope to get south to do some racing as time permits, however, she will be stuck at VIR for the time being w/o trailer and tow vehicle. There are worse places than VIR if you only have one for now. Although I guess her loving father could lend her a trailer and stay home at some point …[/quote]

Cool, where are you at in NC? There are a bunch of SE30 types in the Raleigh area. Will you be at VIR in Feb? If so, feel free to stop by the SE30 “area” in the paddock and check out the cars, shoot the breeze, have a beer, etc.[/quote]

We are both in the Raleigh area. Not sure whether I’ll be able to make Feb, depends on my car status and a few other things … daughter might be if she finds a car by then and it’s ready to go. We’ll be looking at a couple this weekend. The last couple of events she has rented from DriveGear … which btw Andrew does a great job. Now she’s saving for her own. She will be the E30 in the family … both ours and NASA family.

If one or both of us make we will for sure look you guys up … thanks for the invite :slight_smile:

[quote=“BigDaddy30” post=70094]Thanks for the Welcome RR … I have always known this is a great group and I know she will enjoy …

Robert Patton uses a 2-car trailer to get his car and his daughter’s car to events. Is something to think about.

[quote=“Ranger” post=70116][quote=“BigDaddy30” post=70094]Thanks for the Welcome RR … I have always known this is a great group and I know she will enjoy …

Robert Patton uses a 2-car trailer to get his car and his daughter’s car to events. Is something to think about.[/quote]

Thanks Ranger … a few differences with me/us. Robert has a “real” tow vehicle and I pull mine with a Cayenne so two would be more than it could handle with the short wheel base, and I have a closed trailer since my car has no side windows. Also, other than NASA, VIR for now, we would likely not be going to the same events.

btw … she did find and bought a very nice car this weekend. Needs just a few mods to fit her needs and she is hoping to be able to get them done in time to make her debut at the opening Feb NASA event at VIR … if not, March for sure.

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am “the daughter.” I am really hoping to make it to VIR for February but if not I will definitely be there in March.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help with getting started :slight_smile:

I currently drive my SE30 to and from events but have been dabbling with the idea of something like the Cayenne as a DD/tow vehicle. How’s your experience been with the Cayenne? And which powertrain do you have?

[quote=“lam017” post=70132]Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am “the daughter.” I am really hoping to make it to VIR for February but if not I will definitely be there in March.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help with getting started :)[/quote]

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum! Like I told your dad, there are a bunch of us SpecE30 types in the Raleigh area - let us know if you need help with anything.

Looking forward to meeting both of you in Feb/Mar.

lam017 has a really nice car and there should be a seat slider delivered today to the Alton shop so that she can add a her driver’s seat to the new set of wheels.

Good luck!

RP

I currently drive my SE30 to and from events but have been dabbling with the idea of something like the Cayenne as a DD/tow vehicle. How’s your experience been with the Cayenne? And which powertrain do you have?[/quote]

I have an '06 Cayenne S and pull a closed low profile Trailex, didn’t want the extra height for the wind effect and the short wheel base on the Cayenne. Plenty of power and tows like a dream. The only problem is I haven’t bothered with any mirror extensions so you really can’t see the rear of the trailer and some traffic, but that really hasn’t bothered me. If you are going to use an open trailer then that would not be an issue at all.

Good to meet you