Jon Felton steps in as the Florida Region Director

Cross post from NASA Forums:

NAPA VALLEY, CA (November 21, 2011) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) announced today that Steve and Barbara Nix, long time Florida Region Directors and founders of the Performance Drivers Club, will be handing off the region to a new leader for the 2012 season. Steve and Barbara have developed a solid foundation for the new effort that will be led by NASA veteran Jon Felton and backed by the NASA National Office. Felton has over thirteen years of experience with NASA at the regional level in the Mid-Atlantic region and has also been NASA’s National NASA-X Director since the program’s inception.

Chief Divisional Director John Lindsey said that “While I am sad to see Steve and Barbara leaving the ranks, I am pleased to welcome Jon into his new role as the Florida Region Director. We are very grateful to Steve and Barbara for their many years of hard work and we look forward to seeing where we can take the region with Jon at the helm.”

New Florida Region Director Jon Felton added “I am very excited to get working on building up the grids in Florida. This is an amazing opportunity and I can’t wait to get to know all of our Florida drivers in the next few months.”

For more information on the NASA Florida region, please visit www.drivenasafl.com. Jon Felton can be reached at jfelton@drivenasa.com

Jon Felton
FL region director,
MidAtl TT & NASA-X director,
NASA-X nat’l director

So does he live in Florida or the Mid Atlantic? I sure hope he can build the Florida region.

He lives in Richmond Va. He posted something about traveling down once a month.

Jon’s a good guy but expect to see alot of Autox’s shop up on the schedule! LOL!!

There were a couple people wanting to buy the region away from the previous owners. I traveled there to help the region out a year ago and they werent doing bad, they just self inflicted alot of competition they didnt need, which I didnt understand why but it is what it is.

Well see what Jon can do there but really, Jon isnt going to do anything to help build SE30 in Florida. Leadership needs to come from you guys. Step up, take the lead on the series and help build it yourself. All Jon needs to provide are events on the schedule, the rest is up to you guys!

GL!

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=61262]Well see what Jon can do there but really, Jon isnt going to do anything to help build SE30 in Florida. Leadership needs to come from you guys. Step up, take the lead on the series and help build it yourself. All Jon needs to provide are events on the schedule, the rest is up to you guys!

GL![/quote]

Good advice and it’s exactly what we’re planning / doing!