Is this subframe brace legal?

Entwicklung Dreißig Zen BMW e30 Sub-Frame X Brace.

Developed by Entwicklung Dreißig Zen and Mason Engineering. Solid Form Design e30 Lower Chassis X Brace, The first ever of it’s kind to go into production lower chassis cross brace increases rigidity in the span between the lower control arm bushing brackets and front sub-frame to uni-body front to rear compliance. aerodynamically formed tubing for fit and function Measures .600 X 1.600 in a symmetrical cross section. Fixture TIG welded by hand in the USA.

http://www.evolutionzen.com/e30-products.html

Rule 9.3.8.11. states: “Additional reinforcement of front sub-frame, motor mount areas, control arm pick-ups,idler arm and steering box mounts is permitted”

The language of this rule appears to allow this brace, but it would be a somewhat expensive mistake if I am misreading. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeT wrote:

[quote]Entwicklung Dreißig Zen BMW e30 Sub-Frame X Brace.

Developed by Entwicklung Dreißig Zen and Mason Engineering. Solid Form Design e30 Lower Chassis X Brace, The first ever of it’s kind to go into production lower chassis cross brace increases rigidity in the span between the lower control arm bushing brackets and front sub-frame to uni-body front to rear compliance. aerodynamically formed tubing for fit and function Measures .600 X 1.600 in a symmetrical cross section. Fixture TIG welded by hand in the USA.

http://www.evolutionzen.com/e30-products.html

Rule 9.3.8.11. states: “Additional reinforcement of front sub-frame, motor mount areas, control arm pick-ups,idler arm and steering box mounts is permitted”

The language of this rule appears to allow this brace, but it would be a somewhat expensive mistake if I am misreading. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike[/quote]

It’s not up to a vote. But I’d vote no. I think that the intent of the reinforcement idea was to allow folks to weld little pieces of steel in to make the OEM parts stronger.

If the rules allowed fancy expensive braces, pretty soon everyone would be buying them and that’s the sort of thing that the rules try to prevent.

agree with Ranger.
The rule talks about reinforcing individual items, not bracing between them and the chassis.
thanks,
bruce