Is this a good car?

The two things that worry me are the fended needing to be replaced and the “possible” aftermarket cam. It might cost you some time and money to get a stock head or replace all the aftermarket parts in there to be Spec legal.

Could offer him a grand. With no AC and messed up seats he’s not going to be able to get $1700.

The cam is an unnecessary pita. Most timing belt failures begin with “The PO replaced”. I don’t know if the manual steering box is legal, if that’s what he means. It’s a “slower” steering box then the power box. Some might like that, others not.

I’ve got some OEM manifolds and a cam if you need them.

FishMan wrote:

Yes, I called and emailed a couple of weeks ago have not heard anything in response.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]Could offer him a grand. With no AC and messed up seats he’s not going to be able to get $1700.

The cam is an unnecessary pita. Most timing belt failures begin with “The PO replaced”. I don’t know if the manual steering box is legal, if that’s what he means. It’s a “slower” steering box then the power box. Some might like that, others not.

I’ve got some OEM manifolds and a cam if you need them.[/quote]

Rule 9.3.7.2 says that the power steering pump and hoses maybe removed as long as the rack is plugged in such a way that it does not leak. (hopefully this is what he has done instead of replacing it with an aftermarket manual one)

The fender is not that bad he has sent me a whole bunch of pictures. The interior is pretty wrecked though. The outside of the car is clean.

I’ll try $1000 and see. I would ask for receipts for the P.O. “replacements” It is still going to cost about $200 in fuel to go get it. Not to mention cam and manifold replacement. (thanks Ranger for the offer)