Is this a good car?

Here’s a link to my buy/build about my car: http://mongrelmotorsports.homestead.com/SpecE30.html I paid $1000 for my ‘i’ donor. Some non-‘is’ cars come with the LSD; it was an option. Mine did. :stuck_out_tongue: Remember, the interior is completely worthless to you so either keep that in mind as a negotiating tool or add it as value for parts you can sell (and interior parts sell pretty well for these). Unless your name is Kish, outside appearance doesn’t matter either; these are race cars, and they will get beat up (unless you drive like Kish). :laugh: The only things that matter are lack of rust and condition of the driveline. Everything else gets tossed or replaced.

SgtSkid wrote:

[quote]Just found an 89 325I 5 speed I am going to go look at on Monday (hopefully)

[b]This is a great little car. I bought it a few months ago to fix a few tings and sell.

The new parts include:

Fuel Pump
Wheel Bearing
Tires with less then 5000 miles on them
Tune Up - Plugs, Rotor Button, Cap
Some sensors ( i.e. coolant temp)

What it needs:

It just needs a little TLC and it will be a sweet car.

Price is 1700.00 or Best offer [/b]

When I emailed the guy he said he still had it and stressed that the price was negotiable…we’ll see.[/quote]
Tell him $800 and he can keep his wheels & tires.

Ranger wrote:

Speaking of which, does anyone want a set of 14" weaves with pretty-much-worn-out tires? These are good for storing your SE30 on - or for a street car that never sees rain. :laugh:

Free for the taking. Located in Atlanta.

Well, today is monday and no word from the guy…figures. O well I just found this one

87 325i for $750

SgtSkid wrote:

[quote]Well, today is monday and no word from the guy…figures. O well I just found this one

87 325i for $750
[/quote]

There goes my spare engine and parts car… It looks like a good deal; keep us posted!

Car doesn’t have a title and I would need it as a daily driver for a little while so…still negotiating…

SgtSkid wrote:

After a certain age car’s don’t need a title anymore. The bureacracy understands that when a car is 20+ yrs old, the original title is often lost or destroyed.

In the mid 90’s I had a '71 Porsche. The title was long lost and I registered it in GA with no problem.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]SgtSkid wrote:

After a certain age car’s don’t need a title anymore. The bureacracy understands that when a car is 20+ yrs old, the original title is often lost or destroyed.

In the mid 90’s I had a '71 Porsche. The title was long lost and I registered it in GA with no problem.[/quote]

Tennessee is not the same. To apply for a title I would have to have the owner either
a. apply for a lost title and then proceed as usual
or in the event the owner doesn’t have a title either…

b. have the owner fill out a bill of sale, have it notorized, have him fill out a certificate of ownership, have the vin verified by police, and then apply for new title.

Because of all this he now wants $1250 for the car??? I told him to keep it.

so the search continues

I called the GA DMV. 25yrs old and the car doesn’t need a title here.

SgtSkid wrote:

I’ll sell you a dash/VIN/title combination for $50. :laugh:

In case that’s illegal, of course I was just kidding.

ugh…i was all excited too. lol. I’ll find one

Did you check the compression numbers on this car?

FishMan wrote:

Never made it to the point of needing to. He jacked the price up on me when I asked for a title.

SgtSkid wrote:

[quote]FishMan wrote:

Never made it to the point of needing to. He jacked the price up on me when I asked for a title.[/quote]

Lol. Seller is a little confused about how the idea of “value” works. A problem with the title is suddenly discovered and the car’s value goes…up.

Yeah that seller is an idiot and that car is probably better left alone. Sounds to me like it may be stolen if he wants to increase the price because you asked about a title he doesn’t have for a car he is selling. Just walk away.

yea I did, I appreciate all the advice everyone has given me! Anyone know where to find one of these gems sitting? ha ha

SgtSkid wrote:

http://spece30.com/component/option,com_adsmanager/page,show_ad/adid,311/catid,5/Itemid,91/

I saw that one, I called and emailed about that one about two weeks ago and have not gotten a response.

What do you guys think about this one? $1750 is still too much but he has dropped from $2500 (ha ha ha) in about 2 days

1989 325i four door 5 speed
Miles stopped ticking around 137000
Has around 170000
Power window
power locks
Mtech 1 stearing wheel
Body in great shape except passenger fender needs to be replaced
glass good
All gauges work except odometer
Missing radio
Half the headliner is missing
2 front seats are in bad shape and the wrong color
Jaffster Delrin shift knob
brakes new and work great
clutch just replaced by previous owner
timing belt replaced recently by previous owner
New alternator
small oil leak
tires decent
Current inspection
needs an alignment
I cleaned up a lot of the wiring in the car
no rust
great daily driver
Aftermarket long tube header
aftermarket electric fan and radiator
Small ehaust leak
Acording to the previous owner it has aftermarket cam
can throw in a radio if desired but its not gonna be the best radio
shifts great
all lights work
missing a/c
manuel stearing conversion
Manuel sunroof
clear title
ask any question you have
no trades

Have you checked into the car Ranger linked you to above? It looks like a really, really good deal given it has a cage!