Interior Wiring Harness Clarification

[quote]9.3.13.22. The interior, including carpeting, seats, headliner (to include the leading plastic
panel), console, radio/cd/cassette/navigation systems, OEM seat belts, speakers,
glove box door, panels under the dash, grab handles, driver and passenger door
(front and rear) window glass and mechanisms, heating and cooling system interior
ducts, and sun visors, may be removed. [/quote]

Just to clarify, before I cut/pull anything, is the OEM radio/speaker/amplifier/antenna wiring considered part of the "radio/cd/cassette/navigation systems" that can be removed? Similarly, can the wiring for the electric window motors and switches be removed from the car?

"navigation systems" ?!!?

:laugh:

9.3.13.21. The interior, including carpeting, seats, headliner (to include the leading plastic panel), console, radio/cd/cassette/navigation systems, OEM seat belts, speakers, glove box door, grab handles, driver and passenger door (front and rear) window glass and mechanisms, heating and cooling system interior ducts, and sun visors, may be removed.

Regarding the radio items you list, yes, they can be considered part of the OEM radio.

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, one definition of "mechanism" is "The arrangement of connected parts in a machine." The wiring and switches are connected to the "machine" (not the car/machine but to the window glass and the rest of the parts that perform a specific function - they move the windows up and down) so yes, they can be removed too.

Whew!

Carter

So then, the antenna itself should be removable too, correct? (Not just the wiring)

Yes.

I covered the hole with a round piece of body colored vinyl - "Obnoxious Yellow" I believe.

B)

Carter

and you can remove all the speakers