inline oil catch can ?

applied in the crankcase vent hose. to catch oil blow buy from being sent thru the tb and intake manifold … are or will these be allowed???

thanks
Carl

Carl:

Have a close look at the rules but I don’t think they are legal. The cars run just fine as they are so the rules won’t change for this.

We only change the rules if there are gross errors and after a few years, we’ve pretty-much removed or fixed them.

Carter

will be interesting to see what the effect of this oil in the intake is - I know that my tired old engine is spewing some oil in there from blow-by. At least it was before the LA to Denver pickup trip where I think the bottom end state improved, based on the fact that it passed emissions on the fast-pass criteria.
cheers,
bruce

If anyone feels like contributing to the education of those of us that have never (yet) been closer to the inside of a motor than what’s required to change a spark plug, what - in simple terms - are we talking about? I’ve never heard of this being an issue.

if the lower end of your engine is wearing, the crankcase area can be pressurized (blow-by past the rings). This forces oil up the "positive crankcase ventilation" tube. It is connected to the side of the intake (the metal part you see when you pull off the rubber elbow) - the idea is to feed the oil into the intake so it gets burned up. I don’t know how that impacts the engine performance.

I previously posted this message, and it turned out to be crankcase blowby. -

cheers,
bruce

Huh. Something new to worry about every day. :laugh:

Steve:

Don’t worry about it one bit. My engine has 256,000 miles on the clock and I get very little blowby…and the car runs great.

Carter

well i already installed and its an easy removal if need be for spec…
however after a 50mile commute theres already trash in there, im curious to see its results after a spirited drive