Infineon 3/10-11/2012

Good Day Gents,

Looking forward to another great weekend of racing with all ya homies.

At first there were some showers in the forecast Saturday afternoon but now they are gone. Friday is partly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower, Saturday sunny and warmer highs in the mid to upper 70deg, Sunday cooler with increasing clouds. There still is some uncertainty in the forecast with models disagreeing so we could see a band of showers pass through at some point.

Stay tuned!

Who’s testing Friday??

Hoping to practice late afternoon on Friday. TFB has corrected my 1/2" toe out in the rear so things should feel a little better. I am very excited to have a good running and handling car now. Nice job to all the gifted and talented drivers who finished in front of me last month! I will certainly be looking to move up the grid this month.

It is very scary back there in 20th!:frowning:

This maybe my last time running with all of you for some time so I might as well lay it all on the table!

This maybe my last time running with all of you for some time so I might as well lay it all on the table!

What, no Shoe and it’s still winter!

So shave the rain tires! No more rain this WINTER???

Looks like a chance showers/rain this weekend, will lock down timing in a day or two.

i am hoping that whatever rain may present itself, it is not enough to need rains as i would much rather sped the money on a new set of shaved tires than rains.

17 cars registered so far:

Team Roadrunner
Henry Schmitt
Loren Trefethen
Team BW Racing
Scott Neville
Dan Riley
Deejay Riley
Bennett McMicking
Team BTM Motorwerks
Steven Ferrario
William Shawhan
Joseph Powers
Team GSS Racing West
Team North Bay Bavarian
Jeffery Awender
Larry Moore
Andy Chitum

Who else in in? With the Pro-Am starting this weekend, we should have a great turn-out!

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it!

I will be there :stuck_out_tongue:
Just have not registered yet!!!

Here’s the roster as of this morning. 26 confirmed, with a possible 33 cars! Poppy - what’s the weather update???

Officially registered:
Team Road Runner
Henry Schmitt
Loren Trefethen
Team BW Racing
Scott Neville
Dan Riley
Deejay Riley
Bennett McMicking
Team BTM Motorwerks
Steven Ferrario
William Shawhan
Joseph Powers
Team GSS Racing West
Team North Bay Bavarian
Jeffery Awender
Larry Moore
Andy Chittum
Michael Shawhan
Joseph Deck

Confirmed they’ll be there:
Bryan McQueen
Scott Clough
Andre Schagerer (getting licensed)
Gary Rieger
Anil Singh
Jason Alexandridis
Paul Blickman

Haven’t heard:
Team Olivier-Lang
Matt Row
Ray Zanotto
Mike Sekhon
Glenn Kent
John Trefethen
Donny Edwards

Confirmed no-shows:
Robert Lamb
Ken Gorman
Dan Gorman

Looks like a nice day Friday, Saturday there a 20% chance of rain in the North Bay mainly later in the day then a 50% chance Sunday. Over all it doesn’t look that bad, just unsettled and cooler.

I’ll be there. On-line registration is closed :huh: … I guess I have to register at the track and it’s gonna cost me $50.00 more now?

From my atmospheric scientist buddy in PDX. How close is he Poppy?

Hmmmm…

So in general we have a cold front approaching the Pac NorwestSaturday and Sunday. Not a super strong system. Mediocre moisture.Lackluster dynamics. Traveled across the Pacific instead of down fromAlaska. Rainy days for us in Stump Town. Question is how far doesthe moisture and cold air drag down to you folks? SFO NWS doesn’tthink much of the front, and two forecast models degrade the front asit passes thru you folks Saturday and then again Sunday afternoon.Add to that a currently dry atmosphere and SFO puts your precipchances at around 10-20% for the weekend.

All that makes sense. But…

I see two models that have progged some fairly good vertical velocityover your area Sunday all day. Add to that a push of moisture fromSaturday and I wonder if there is enough moisture to put you over thetop on Sunday when the vort max comes over the top of you. Anyway youcut it, it doesn’t look like a super downpour. We’re talking lightamounts over a scattered area. Of course if you’re underneath it atthe time and there’s a little oil on the track it ain’t gonna feel sogreat. So…dicey. I’m inclined to put the pops a little higher thanNWS: maybe 20-30% Saturday and 30% Sunday. Closer to 20% Sundaymorning, closer to 30% Sunday evening. But I wonder if that’s myPortland bias creeping in. The tiniest chance of rain on the chartsmeans it’s gonna rain here. :slight_smile: Still I’ll just go with what I see onthe charts:

Rain - Friday: 0% Saturday: 20% Sunday: 30%

Breezy and cooler Sat and Sun when compared to Friday. Sunny Friday,Partly cloudy Saturday, Cloudy Sunday.

Good luck and be safe out there!

How can one that forecasts 100"+ of rain in the PNW compete with one that forecasts at most 50" max a year, it’s much more difficult to predict the latter. One needs to heed the word of poppy or check with “the shoe” at game time. Out!

Standing on my roof 1 minute ago I felt no rain on my bald spot. My bald spot was very cold though.

Since my tires are completely bald, I do see light precipitation in the forecast. Current low pressure and incoming cold front do not seem to be bringing significant moisture. I think the cold will not bring much rain in the form of heavy droplets.

On the racing surface I do see a forecast of significant precipitation from Shawhan wetting his pants, poppy crying, Tommy O sniveling, Stevo sweating, Brad wringing his hands, Andy releasing water, I mean air out of his spare, and Loren relieving himself. Some will be relieved of their position and some will relinquish them. I see youth battling age, and energy vs. wisdom, anxiety vs. patience. I forecast disappointment and surprise, joy and frustration. Planning, preparation, and protagonists,… All the ingredients for an awesome weekend at Infineon with my NASA Spec E30 buddies!

See you all there!

Sometimes life doesn’t work out the way we vision it, and yet it works out better than we hoped for.

Want to say thanks to all my competitors. Thanks as well for making Hope feel welcome.

Sorry to Scott Clough again for wrecking his race on Saturday, poor judgment on my part, sent him spinning to the back of the pack. He was in 2nd at the time. I was DQ’d correctly, and sent to the back for Sundays race.

Congrats to Andy and Brad once again for their podium finishes. A big shout out to our resident Gentlemen Rancher and weather man Big Poppy (Bennett)!!! Very cool to see many years of perseverance pay off.

Sunday was a unique privilege, as I got to race with 2/3rds of the field. A terrible start reminded me that I was not quite at the back of the pack as I was quickly passed by Loren and DJ. Loren, amazing start! You passed about 8-10 cars taking the outside of 1, my jaw was dragging as I watched you disappear. Later something else on my car was found to be dragging.

I heard clangs and clunks on the start and knew it would not be the usual race. I radioed to my wife Hope and nephew Brian to look at my car as I came by in turn 2 and see if something looked wrong. The voice that came back through the radio was neither of my kin, it was Hollywood Edwards and he told me “unless it falls off, JUST KEEP DRIVING!” Hollywood proceeded to berate me for being such a wimp and pansy. He challenged me to either pull over and let him start driving, or shut up and race! Thank you to Rick from North Bay Bavarian for the Hard Charger Award. I could not have gotten there with out the coaching of Donny and Jeff Lepper. Jeff through video and data analysis helped me pick up a full second on my lap times. I had my personal best at Infineon in the race Saturday.

Congrats again on Sunday to Andy and Brad of BTM, they definitely know how to set their cars up. Looking back to Saturdays Q Andy beat Scoot by 3/100ths of a seconds to grab 15th and thus the pole for Saturday, Andy was in the cat birds seat for the whole weekend! Another shout out to Paul Blickman for his well deserved podium as well. Paul got the raw end of the stick last month when he qualified on the front row but then was inverted back and had contact with Loren and the wall. Finally his well built car and Skills paid off with a trophy and a late pass on a former Champion to grab the podium! Congrats Paul.

Many of our freshman and sophomore racers were looking very racey and were a pleasure to run side by side with, Dan Riley, Jason, DJ, Glenn Kent, Anil, Joe Powers, and Larry Moore, all the surly veterans as well.

Sundays race

http://vimeo.com/38472606

Now that’s SpecE30 racing, well done!

[quote=“theShoe” post=64201]Sundays race

http://vimeo.com/38472606[/quote]

My vids for saturday are up here
http://www.youtube.com/user/MWGraphics?feature=watch

had to put it in two parts

Awesome racing Nichols!