I'll be first

No Topics/No replies for Florida?..How about a poll on who is building cars and/or plans to race in the region.

I am building mine now. Suspension and race seat installed - Cage and safety equipment expected by the end of the year - I plan to race next season (funds permitting) assuming that the series will be recognized by our local division eventually. If not, I’ll sneak up to Roebling and run with SE div.

Don

Going up to get my car on July 4th. We are hauling it back to Tampa and are going to replace all the stolen stuff and be back in shape. Suspension is done (just did GC front cambers and eccentric rear bushings). Cage is done. Need to do some more stripping of the interior, new seats and steering wheel and an ignition cutoff, and it will be ready. Some warm ups at Sebring and Robling, and good to go.

Spec E30 is a national series, and I’m pretty sure all NASA regions have to offer it if someone wants to run it. They will just combine you with another run group, so it is not really extra effort for them.
cheers,
bruce

donstevens wrote:

[quote]No Topics/No replies for Florida?..How about a poll on who is building cars and/or plans to race in the region.

I am building mine now. Suspension and race seat installed - Cage and safety equipment expected by the end of the year - I plan to race next season (funds permitting) assuming that the series will be recognized by our local division eventually. If not, I’ll sneak up to Roebling and run with SE div.

Don[/quote]

I am not sure were I will fall in the order, but I just had my (recently purchased) 89 E30 towed to my house over the weekend. I plan to be racing or at least taking advantage of track days by the end of the year (time allowing). I am completely new to the BMW brand so you can plan on hearing from me often asking stupid questions. I hope the rest of you are patient.

I suspect if NASA offers a race at Sebring, the field will be very full regardless of how far someone has to drive to get there. I know I’ll be there.

Is Sebring still Bumpy…LOL!!!

Keep us up to date on the goings-on in Florida. I know that Carlton and I will make the drive if the weather turns cold in NC.

Carter

Carter wrote:

[quote]Keep us up to date on the goings-on in Florida. I know that Carlton and I will make the drive if the weather turns cold in NC.

Carter[/quote]

I went to the June 23-24 Sebring event and had fun instructing a few HPDE 1 students. My car is in Ohio with my partner so I did not run this time.

While the event was well run, I was a little disappointed in two things.

1. No SE30s. There were only two E30s on the premises. One was GTS car that was having electrical/fuel problems of some kind so it only ran a total of about 5 laps and the other was a tricked out 318is that was running in HDPE. He was pretty quick and a pleasure to watch/speak with. There will be a few SE30s in future events.

2. There was only one race group (all classes lumped together) with one 35 minute sprint race each day. There were Porsche GT3 Cup cars at the front duking it out with Radicals and a Diasio while 944s and Spec Miatas tooled around at the back. There was a 45 second per lap time differnce between the fastest and slowest cars. While Sebring is a big track and there were no speed related incidents, I think they will have to split the groups up as the fields get larger.

I can’t wait out get out there and go wheel to wheel.

I’ll update after the next event.

Don

we just hauled our car back fom ohio last weekend. Need to replace the seats, belts steering wheel, roll bar padding. And get the car re-painted…
Other than that, she’s ready for Sebring.

There are currently at least 2 SpecE30s being built in South Florida with an expected first race at Homestead in late November.