I got kind of a green light

From the wife to spend money on a race motor.

I’m looking for some ideas here. I will have one month after Mid-Ohio to get it done. I have my sources, but most of them are out of state and aren’t able to get it done.

We’ve got core motors in stock, call us at 916-636-9526 for pricing

Alan Jensen, who does all TC Kline’s motors, is just down the street from me.

Hmm, TC didn’t mention that when I was on the phone with him a few weeks ago.

Do you know how much he would charge for the refresh on the head?

I need to conjure up a scope to check the bores.

Looks like right now the parts list is:

1. Head refresh (whatever that takes)
  2. Rockers
  3. Cam
  4. Coil
  5. Rotor/cap
  6. Wires
  7. CKP sensor (if I test and is funky)

I’ll start looking at transmission stuff if the bottom end needs to be screwed with. Problem is I don’t want to disturb the wiring harness.

be careful just doing the head. I have a professionally build head sitting on a old bottom end that was my first attempt to refresh my engine. After the new, tight head, the rings went. I ended up dropping a core engine off for top and bottom rebuild. Some day I will do another bottom end and put this head on it.

Ryan, maybe ask TC again. Last I heard that was the case.

I talked to Alan about cost but I had to bring him parts for inspection before he could give me a firm quote. I ended up going another way for this time because I didn’t have time to source another set of parts (and Alan didn’t want to hunt down used donor parts for me) but I’m going to bring the head that’s coming off the car for him to go through.

LMK if you need any parts from Ireland…

Rings are cheap as I just found out.

I’m at the point now where I think I should just look for a spare motor and start there.

I have a set of oversize piston sitting on my desk for whoever needs them and can’t wait. Just replaced them at your leisure if you need them.