HYPERfest

Great weekend at Summit, a little too much excitment at times…some of which landed the entire group in front of Race Director JJ! but at the end of the day there wasn’t too much carnage and everyone was able to race again on Sunday.

****Don’t forget about your Bimmerworld contingency! Sounds like not everyone has been claiming their prizes. 1st, 6th, and 11th are the lucky numbers (1st = $100, 6th = Brake Pads, 11th = $50). James and the guys do a lot to support us club racers - keep that in mind!

[quote=“RGrace” post=66756]Great weekend at Summit, a little too much excitment at times…some of which landed the entire group in front of Race Director JJ! but at the end of the day there wasn’t too much carnage and everyone was able to race again on Sunday.

****Don’t forget about your Bimmerworld contingency! Sounds like not everyone has been claiming their prizes. 1st, 6th, and 11th are the lucky numbers (1st = $100, 6th = Brake Pads, 11th = $50). James and the guys do a lot to support us club racers - keep that in mind![/quote]

Still waiting on official results to be posted. The results sheet from saturday was in the words of my 4 year old “all busted up”

drive-gear.com

Great weekend. Thanks to NASA MA, Andrew, and all SE30 drivers for making it the best race event I’ve been to. Great competition, some dicey moments, and fun in the paddock. Doesn’t really get much better.

I had my best race weekend yet. Saturday I qualified 6 and finished 5th. I gained one position on the start and just held it. I just couldn’t keep up with the lead pack. Sunday I qualified 7th and finished 5th. Great fun chasing Caldwell on Sunday. Unfotunately my video didn’t record on Sunday.

I have video of the wreck on Saturday happening in my mirror. I’ll post up when I get a minute. Curran says he has some nice rear facing footage of me pushing him and how the air is moving around loose parts on my car:)

I hope everyone had a great time besides the bent metal. We couldn’t ask for better weather this time of year.

Jason Stephens

Yes, was a great weekend.weather couldn’t have been better, and was 1st Hyperfest I have attended without rain…thanks to Andrew, Ric and Seth/Robert for the food and beer…Thanks to Andrew, Jonny and Mike for giving me a chargin car and sorry for the shunt on Sat morining and the resulting full sided ding…AND for the help of racing coach Todd Reed…

I’ve got a good vid of the Sat collision and if I can get it together will try to post it soon…

It was a blast racin with everyone and really hope we’ll do er again…

joe

[quote=“RGrace” post=66756]

****Don’t forget about your Bimmerworld contingency! Sounds like not everyone has been claiming their prizes. 1st, 6th, and 11th are the lucky numbers (1st = $100, 6th = Brake Pads, 11th = $50). James and the guys do a lot to support us club racers - keep that in mind![/quote]
Are the Sunday results final? If so, I just got another $50 for more wheels. :slight_smile:

I spent Friday being chastised, er…instructed, by Grace. By listening to him and fighting the urge to turn in too early I shaved a healthy 2 seconds off my lap times from last year. I couldn’t be happier. Saturday I avoided the front straight crash-o-rama by staying glued to McGrath’s rear bumper and letting him clear a path. After Virgil spun in T1 thanks to his full metal rear brake pads I dropped back behind Cofer. He and I raced the entire race. I even passed him once. Held that for, well, a few turns anyway. Couldn’t get it back but didn’t care, had too much fun racing. That race is what it was all about for me, just dicing with another guy of similar mindset and keeping it clean.

Sunday I qualified far better and stayed with McGrath for a little while with Eisman in-between. McGrath pulled away after awhile and it was Eisman vs Varnes vs Cofer who was buzzing around behind me being a menace. He got me once but traffic handed it back to me. I kept persuing Eisman, just never quite able to get the speed I needed to do anything. Having a blast until I went a little wide exiting T10 and hit that big bump some of you know. It was then I learned about the Fuel Pump Relay Zip Tie Necessity, and coasted to a stop on the inside of the track. Oddly, I wasn’t pissed. I had a blast racing those guys and the DNF is already a funny story.

Can’t say thanks enough to Grace for the instruction and DriveGear for bailing my ass out of trouble yet again. Why I had a box of used up brake pads in my spares bin instead of the brand new set I’ll never know.

Looks like they corrected the Saturday race results on MyLaps. I don’t remember doing a 1:27.7 but at least they got the correct placing of the cars. :slight_smile:

lol, yeah shows me doing a 1.24 in lap 11… I wish! looks like they fudged the timing for the last few laps but at least the finishing order is correct now!

What do I need to do to claim the brake pads from bimmerworld?

Finially got the video uploaded…here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbL9-Hkfnps&feature=youtu.be