Homestead May 30 Race Report

Like Mohammed Ali said… I’m the Greatest!!! Not only was I on the pole, but I lead the race wire to wire. Talk about domination. This is just too easy, I should have just left in the e motor…I felt like Albert Einstein in a spelling B against Mike Tyson. What a spanking. Go ahead, yeah, I hear your pessimism, go ahead and criticize. Like big deal, the guy won a race against himself. But just wait until tomorrow when I mix it up with that Spec Ford Windstar. I’m going to own you minivan boy!!

:laugh:

That is NOT what I heard. I have it on good authority that you were LAST in your class… I also heard that Hans Stuck is going to be driving Spec Windstar next year with a 4.8L V8 out of the X5 in it. Watch out!

Seriously - glad we had SOME showing down there - and glad you decided to put a legal motor in that car, versus your cheater “E” motor :slight_smile:

Right so here’s the real race report. Saturday was all rain. Only dry session was morning practice. Qualifying was a wash out and the race was wet until maybe the last 10 laps. The new format is great, if anything too long. I got out of the car drenched and red as a steamed crawfish.

Despite the ominous clouds in the sky today (sunday) we didn’t see a drop of rain until right after the last race - sweet. I even had time to load the car onto my rental U-Haul Trailer…no snobby comments about ur fancy Featherlites, if you please. All in all a great race weekend, had plenty of time to sort out the car, which was mostly reliable except the tach (aftermarket) died on me. Still have some sorting to do but at least she’s running without oil pressure problems.

Oh yeah and I sold the “cheater” e motor for 300 bucks at the track today too. Hans Stuck bought it.

Oh and one more thing, The Homestead E30 record has fallen! 1:52.024

Awesome! I wish we could have been there - when I went to register us to instruct, they were all full up. Drat!

I’m glad you had a successful weekend getting the car sorted out - sounds really productive with a rain day and a dry day. How is Homestead in the rain?

I have a feeling that the track records for our region will be doing a lot of changing for the next few years B)

natblack wrote:

Yeah the conditions were ideal for the sorting, giving us a great mix of just about everything.

The track is tricky in the wet. It has some corners (like 3) that have baby streams flowing over them and that is obviously a challenge. Other areas were predictable and not much different from the dry. 10 is diabolical because if you touch the inside curb at the bottom of the decent from the banks you will spin and likely crash hard. I normally run right over it on the dry so had to change the line there for sure.

Glad you got to run and grab a new lap record. Were any of the 944’s racing or were you running alone.

sir_gary wrote:

Gary - There were two 944’s but they were both supercharged and had heavy mods in the suspension dept as well. Unfortunately, I was mostly alone. The only car I could compete with was a Spec Miata, but it was only for a couple laps, then he would get away from me. Its tough being the slowest guy on the track, but the rain evened the field quite a bit.