High end gauges

re water pressure gauge, what’s the best location for the sensor? thermostat housing?

Mine is connected to the port in the block where the hose to the throttle body goes in. Just need an 12 or 14mm adapter. Jim Levie’s solution might be more clever tho. His is in the small return line between overflow tank and radiator…not to be confused with the small line from overflow tank to overflow catch can.

One reason that Jim’s is better is that no remote hose was required. Pressure sensors shouldn’t be connected right to the block because heat and vibration is supposed to be hard on them. So my sensor location required 12" or so of hose to remote it, but Jim’s went in with a couple hose barbs.

The easiest installation is to tee the sensor into the small hose that runs from the reservoir to the radiator. A 3-4psi pressure switch and warning light is far better than a pressure sensor and gauge. Once at normal temperature, if the light comes on you shut off the engine.

ok. where can i pickup the tee for that? I have 1/8 npt temp sensors. as for gauge vs switch all my sensors are going to a aim dash where i can define warning light thresholds. i don’t plan to look at the values in real time.

Go to Lowes, Home Depo, a plumbing supply house, etc and get a 1/8" NPT tee and two 1/4"x1/8"NPT hose barbs.

Does your AIM allow for conditional logic for a warning light? I have my IQ3 programmed to only turn on the light if the pressure is below 3psi and the engine temperature is above 170F. That avoids a nuisance alarm on a cold engine.

Yes jim, i can set conditional logic in the AIM.

[quote=“jlevie” post=54944]Go to Lowes, Home Depo, a plumbing supply house, etc and get a 1/8" NPT tee and two 1/4"x1/8"NPT hose barbs.

Does your AIM allow for conditional logic for a warning light? I have my IQ3 programmed to only turn on the light if the pressure is below 3psi and the engine temperature is above 170F. That avoids a nuisance alarm on a cold engine.[/quote]

We have a similar condition. 200F/3PSI