Head's up-M-31 bumper strip

Yea, I know I’ll hear about this but here goes anyway…

Some of you have seen my car and know I tend to “knock off” parts every now and again.

The latest is the front left corner and the bumper strip,
So, you can imagine how glad I was to see the ad here for the “M-31 Bumper Strip”. It shows a nice clean strip across the front of the old bumper and even at $37 I figured it was a good piece to get to make my car look better again. I figured BMW would charge $370 for this piece but some guy had the stuff and $37 seemed about right for 6 feet of plastic, so I ordered 2!!!

Today I got a envelope, knew immediately something was wrong, opened it and yes, two “M-31 Bumper Strips”.

Apparently the “M-31 Bumper Strip” is actually the License Delete piece. 13" of plastic with two wing nuts on it.

Now, I know I’m a dump ass and jump WAAAAAY too quick, but I wanted to let everyone else know exactly (the ad is abit misleading) what this is.

Get it if you need/want it, but I wanted the entire strip.

Oh well, lesson learned!

Ouch. That stinks. :frowning:

I ordered the M-31 Bumper Strip because I wanted the License Delete piece. Woohoo.

Those are desireable pieces…

Yea, that’s why I’m kereping both and planning to use them on our cars.

Jonathan was nice enough to email me and tell me I’m the first idiot to make this mistake (not the way he said it, he’s way to nice for that) and offered to refund me the money, but I’ll keep them.

Now I need the left side strip from a alum bumper car. Al, got anymore? Some one suggested I just use black duct tape! Maybe that’s because I can’t manage to keep whatever I put on very long!