Has Anyone Installed a Head and Shoulders Kit?

Butlerbuilt, Kirkey, and LaJoie have kits to turn a regular seat into a lower end containment seat. Unlike the flappers offered, these are reinforced.

These are pictures of the Butlerbuilt:

A drawing of the Kirkey:

This is the Kirkey installation manual: https://www.kirkeyracing.com/related/987s%20kit%20installation%20guide.pdf

They run just under $400.

Hmm. I didn’t know these existed. I’d be wary tho of how well the weak seat will provide an adequate base for these nicely reinforced head and shoulders pieces. Certainly that shoulder piece would need to get fastened to the carg.

I’m pretty sure that no one on the E coast has one of these. The West Coast guys don’t hit the forum much. One can get their attention on fb tho.

The back MUST be tied into to cage. This is really the same for all containment seats. So it isn’t the back of seat that is holding it in place.

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\kirkey HS.png[/attachment]

That said, at close to $400 they are very close to the $550 cost of a new Kirkey 71.

I had a Butler seat custom fitted to me with the halo and shoulder supports you are asking about. We do some endurance stuff with our e30. Everyone that has driven the car loves the seat.
I bought the seat and then had the roll cage built around it. Entry and egress is a bit tighter but it’s simply a matter of what you get used to. I prefer the additional crash containment that a seat like these provide.
Again my seat was built from scratch to include the attachments. I’ve no knowledge how well the universal ones fit.