Harness, i cut to much.

I seem to have cut too much. The head lights and tail lights wont come on. I thinned the harness out between the light switch and the plug right before the firewall. I thought i was getting rid of wires for dimming the a/c and heater backlighting. Oops. I removed quite a bit of the harness, from the entire car, however the car did start, and idle for a few seconds ( no water in the system so i didnt run it but a short time). The windshield wipers work as well as the brake lights, and when i flash the high beams they do come on, but wont stay on either.

So my low beams and tail lights are what i seemed to have disabled, and i believe it is between the light switch and that plug at the firewall. Pins 1, 2, and 6 on the light switch is what i have de-pinned. The problem is i cant figure out where in the fire wall plug to repin those. I did the Bentley circuit test table i,…i believe the only portion it did not pass was the continuity from 85 to ground for the low beam test. Im just not sure what that is telling me.

Tail lights should be easy to fix. Splice a hot wire from your battery into the tail light harness in the trunk then run another wire to the brake pedal switch for ground. Reference headlamps, what do you need those for?

I actually managed to not screw up the brake lights…all three of those work.

Its just the headlights and tail lights that are out. The bright headlights will flash when I use the flash side of the stalk but just like the low beams, won’t come on and stay on. Same with the tail lights, they won’t come on. The only two lights that come on are the two orange marker lights on the front bumper.

Just race during the day…