Getting a group in AZ

Howdy, anybody in Arizona have a SpecE30? I am almost done putting mine together and am looking forward to some competition. Their are 3 other friends of mine that are building cars for this class however they are a few months away from being ready.

just a note for the future - the Rocky Mountain region is starting to do events at Sandia in NM, and I hear that a number of AZ racers will be coming up for that.
cheers,
bruce

If we have a 5 car field, I’d be willing to get my license by then!!

I think by the time it cools off at least 3 of us should be up and running.

Definitely keep us posted! Get some pics up too. I’d love to see more E30s out on track. Mine should be 100% by then easy.B)

I’d like to participate in the E30 Series but would first like to join a team and be part of a crew. Anyone needing an extra mechanic please let me know.

where are you?

GTS wrote:

Chandler AZ

Hello all. I am in the process of building an 87i convertable into a spec car. I am going to try and find a hard top for the car as part of the build.

Anyone know anything about this?

I hope to be ready to run in the fall in both Arizona and So. Cal.

Jim

Interesting Jim. You will be the 1st 'vert that I know of.

there is another thread about this somewhere here - the poster was asking if he could legally remove the convertible mechanism if he puts a hardtop on it. Carter hasn’t gotten back to him yet that I’m aware of.
cheers,
bruce

Jim wrote:

[quote]Hello all. I am in the process of building an 87i convertable into a spec car. I am going to try and find a hard top for the car as part of the build.

Jim[/quote]

Just an option - you might want to look at the AZ regional discussion board at www.nasaforums.com

Hope you are able to join in - it’s a good series to start out in.

Jim wrote:

[quote]Hello all. I am in the process of building an 87i convertable into a spec car. I am going to try and find a hard top for the car as part of the build.

Jim[/quote]
So, are you ready for your first SoCal event? Next month at BW, it might be a long trip, but worth it. Unless you want to wait until next March at CaliSpeedway.

So, are you coming to Cali Speedway? We can work something out, you could go to Socal and I could go to AZ. What do you think?