Gauge install problem

So the cross bar that runs behind the dash for the cage will not allow me to install the OEM gauge cluster in its original position. What do I do? It pushes it out about 2 inches or so. Any suggestions?

3 choices. Redo the bar, get a datalogger cluster replacement, or put the cluster in as best you can and live with it.

sounds like the bar is too close to me… i have no issues.

kishg wrote:

Don’t kid yourself. Your wife has been talking to my wife again.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]kishg wrote:

Don’t kid yourself. Your wife has been talking to my wife again.[/quote]

crap… :ohmy:

Easiest thing to do is get creative and figure out a way to keep the cluster from moving and live with it.

mahoneyj wrote:

Read: CHEAPEST :wink:

zip ties and duct tape ought to do it!

kishg wrote:

That would certainly be within the spirit of the series, but if you really want to do it proud, wedge the cluster in place with a beer can.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]kishg wrote:

That would certainly be within the spirit of the series, but if you really want to do it proud, wedge the cluster in place with a beer can.[/quote]

…and make sure it is a Keystone Light can. ALWAYS SMOOTH!

Try making a faceplate out of aluminum or abs plastice and install an autometer tach in it. If you have the room for the tach, then you can put an oil and water gauge in it. Just measure across the mounting points and to the crossbar for max depth. Check on autometer web site for specs. You could also have a good cage builder cut out the bar and install one that is bent to give some clearance for you. It would probably take about 3 hours of shop time.

if your going to replace all the gauges you might as well get a digital logger dash.

Nice suggestions, thanks! I think I am going to cut the bar and move it in 2 inches, gives me a good reason to go ahead and put NASCAR bars in also.