fuel injector harness

The infinite wisdom of the previous owner somehow led him down a road where he cut the large circular plug out of the fuel injector wiring. The is the plug that comes off of the harness underneath the intake and then continues up to the fire wall after the plug.

All of these wires are now spliced together and would need to be cut if I wanted to take the intake out (one wire is not connected to anything which concerns me). The car was running when I took the head off but I figure since everything is exposed, now is the time to fix it.

Does anyone have an injector harness and the other end of that plug with enough wire on it to get to my firewall? (I’m not really picky on the length of wire if you have both sides of the plug.) I’m willing to pay for it and ship it. I found the harness on ebay for $65 but they won’t answer my email asking if they have the other end of the plug.

Any help is appreciated. I have the option of cannibalizing my daily driver if I need to, but I’d rather not.

Thanks,
Jason

I talked to some old school E30 racers a while back that prefer to cut that plug out and then put in an individual connector for each wire. That plug is notorious enough that I was thinking about doing the same. IMO you’re ahead of the game. Just cut each wire, put in an individual connector, and smile knowingly.

Sounds good. Thanks Ranger.

yeah, that plug can be a pita. i had issues with it and replaced the injector side harness. no issues since. thought about cut/splice but went the oem way. should be fine with connectors.

Any suggestions on the type of connector to use? Does it need to be water tight?

There is a thin brown wire from the injector side that never when to anything. If can be ignored. Water proof connectors are a good idea and will prevent problems down the road. You can get six pin (all that is needed) weather proof connectors from Pegasus.

I avoid pegasus. I went to their showroom once for some an fitting and they were douchebags.