Fuel cell.

So I’m dealing with the dreaded fuel starvation issue. Its maddening to say the least. I’ve performed all the flow checks as per the bentley manual, new pump, new filter, etc…
I’ve also read every forum post here front to back and back to front and I must say that a few of you are far more inventive than I at adding 55L pumps to 63L tanks, surge tanks, etc…and I’m not ruling those options out.
I’m not finding where anyone has written the fat check and gone to a fuel cell. I’m not opposed to it if it fixes the situation and adds to my sanity.
If you have done a fuel cell, which one, what type of pump?
Any other info from anyone using a cell would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

There is no where to safely install a fuel cell on an e30, the car is engineered with crumple zones and it would be very expensive to put one where the stock tanks are…you could put it in the trunk between the shock towers but that moves it up high and it is really hard to completely seal the rear firewall…

Al

I have been running a cell in the trunk of my e30 for over 10 years. Totalled one of my cars at RA by backing into a Jersey barrier at something over 70mph…moved it 10 inches. Had to replace the car and the can but the crush zones in the car worked just fine.

You need the separate high pressure pump. I used an additional Holley red(?) as a lift pump, and use a surge tank in the center of the cell with four trap doors. I can run the car dead empty.

The rear crumple zone on this E30 was used up. The car did a few endovers at ~ 110 mph at the Chumpcar race at Nelson Ledges last Oct.

[attachment=1965]IMG_2320.JPG[/attachment]