Front Bumper/Clip/Valance Inquiry

It is my understanding that the older mid-80’s E30s had a more protruding bumper with an independent lower valance, as opposed to the newer 325i integrated piece. I’m not quite sure if the older lower valance is at any disadvantage in regards to brake ducting, cooling, etc. What is the easiest way to fit a similar lower valance to the older 325e-style front clip while maintaining Spec E30 legality? Would it be possible (and/or easier) to replace the front clip of the car with a 325i integrated bumper?

It does have a seperate lower valance on the older style bumbers. You can use the stock plastic mounting clips but keep in mind they are not that strong and if you hit something the spoiler will come undone/off. I have the same type setup and I use the OE plastic clips and zip ties. The stock plastic clips are cheap so if you go this route buy some extra and keep them in your spares package. Some guys have fabbed up metal mounting brackets but if you don’t have the time of know how to do it then just go with the clips. Just my 2 cents and I hope it helps. ALLEN

Thanks for the advice, Allen. I’ll see what I can do with it.