For Sale: NorCal SpecE30 - $10k

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/4178037383.html

The car should be up at Sonoma Raceway this weekend, November 9th-10th

$10k
Solid SE30 for sale. The car and I were consistently finishing around 7th place by the end of the 2012 NorCal SE30 season, and took 1st place in the 2012 Pro-Am championship. A head refresh on the motor at around mid-season helped results, new bushings in the rear and the new 155 max horsepower would provide more help.

Some info about the car follows, along with cage pictures at the links. I also listed recommended items, things that aren’t necessarily needed, the car competes fine as-is and would only need a set of the new spec TOYO RR’s to go racing, but things that I had on my wish list for any good run at another season.

History
2010: car purchased, then spent full season building car while running HPDE4 and getting my racing license.
2011: full race season
2012: full race season
2013: mothballed

Pictures of the Cage

Motor

• 154hp/148tq on recent dyno sheet, which should match well with new 155hp max rule.
  • Recent head refresh
  • general cleaned up engine bay for racing, no a/c, heater delete, coil bolted down, block off plates covering all holes through firewall, etc…
  • Quality solid nylon motor mounts
  • Poore Sports Spec Exhaust, nicely installed at Blaine Fabrication
  • Also, full stock exhaust from the exhaust manifold back, easy to bolt in, which I kept for smog purposes

Trans

• Good working trans with venting added as recommended
  • Clutch inspected recently and in good condition (was waiting to upgrade to a lighter SPEC clutch setup when this one eventually wore out).
  • Quality solid nylon tranny mounts

Rear End

• LSD has been tested to breakaway levels right at spec rules, 60 foot/lbs.
    Recommended Rear diff mount replaced

Cage

• Safe and comfortable cage built at reputable shop blainefabrication.com
  • Cage legal for various other sanctioning bodies as well (SCCA, FIA, Targa Newfoundland, Rally America, etc…)
  • Built to suit me at ~5’10" but there should be plenty of room to move the seat forward and back as needed
  • Designed for equal safety of driver and passenger (I was considering stage rally in the future and would need a navigator)

Body

• No serious bodywork needed (small welding hole in the passenger door, and other small type issues)
  • Car has original red paint, it’s there, but not great, and a recent re-spray of just the hood.
    Recommended A basic exterior respray would be nice

Suspension

• Standard Spec Bilsteins and H&R Springs (likely purchased in 2008 by previous owner)
  • Ground Control Adjustable camber plates.
    Recommended New rear subframe bushings and weld in adjusters

Other

• Short shift kit
  • Extended shift knob
  • Right side window net
  • 2.5 sets of team dynamics wheels
  • used RA-1 tires (will need RR’s to be competitive in class now)
  • 3/4" wheel spacers all around (sets the the track width just within spec)
  • Long wheel studs
  • 2x Sparco EVO2000 seats with seat back braces, great set up for driver coaching.
  • Good race brake pads
  • High quality steel braided brake lines
  • I/O port roll bar camera mount
  • Steering wheel quick release adapter
    Recommended New fuel pump and transfer pump. The car starts starving for fuel at the end of any hour long races.

Perishable items

• Seats: composite Sparco EVO2000 seats (non-halo) are outside of FIA date, but both have the needed back braces to avoid expiration.
  • Window net expires in a couple years
  • Brakes: I think I’ve got a decent amount left on the front and rear. the rears last almost a full season.
  • Oils: Running full redline oils (motor, tranny, diff)
    Recommended Drivers Harness expires within a year or so (ok for regular track days)
    Recommended Tires: I have used RA-1’s mounted, but they changed the spec tire to TOYO RR’s, so a new set of those would be needed for race

General Summary of items that would be nice to add

• Rear diff mount (+ install)
  • Cheap paint respray
  • Rear subframe bushings and weld in adjusters
  • Fuel pump and transfer pump
  • Drivers Harness
  • TOYO RR’s, mounted and balanced

Thanks,

Bryan
831-334-9343
bryan.mcqueen@gmail.com

sold, thanks.