First spec e30 in Texas

Unless I hear otherwise. Got my provisional license and did my first set of races. Had a blast racing with spec 944’s and spec boxsters at TWS this weekend. Replaced a wheel bearing after my first race, but unfortunately could not find a replacement for the motor mount that was coming apart in chunks an missed the races on Sunday.

The real news here is that the first two folks that get a car together are guarenteed a podium! I can barely count the number of folks who said they wanted to build a car and moved on to something else (mostly 944 or miata) because there weren’t any cars here. Hopefully having one in the region will draw more out of the wooodwork. I’ll be at Hallett in Tulsa in June for race weekend two if anyone wants to make the drive.

-mark, car #466

Congrats! . . . they will come!

Come to NOLA next weekend and race against me. :smiley:

I’ll be there and it will be good to have at least one other Spec E30.

Looks like I’ll be at NOLA in November!

@jlevie - you’ll be at NOLA or Hallett?

My father is planning on Hallett. If things go as planned, I may be at Hallet as well…

SWEET!!!

Looking forward to the racing, not so much the tow up there.

Will the spec e30 dual class into a nasa gts class as well?

[quote=“binaryfarms” post=65423]Looks like I’ll be at NOLA in November!

@jlevie - you’ll be at NOLA or Hallett?[/quote]
Hallet

SE30 cars class in GTS1, but will be slower than competitive cars/drivers by a few seconds.

Better tires and a 4.10 diff would help, but our suspension is pretty soft when compared to other race cars.

Yes but won’t be competitive and if you make more than 147hp you will have to add weight to stay in GTS1.

On topic would love to see spec E30 get going in Texas.

[quote=“FishMan” post=65485]SE30 cars class in GTS1, but will be slower than competitive cars/drivers by a few seconds.

Better tires and a 4.10 diff would help, but our suspension is pretty soft when compared to other race cars.[/quote]
No, a Spec E30 will class in GTS2. Well unless the engine is making like 140’sh. You will get your head handed to you on a platter by a decently prepared and driven GTS2 car.

You should have them post your fastest lap time in the records section for TWS, to get us going! I believe I have seen your youtube vids of those races…? Big Fun!

I should pay more attention to other regions. I’m shocked to learn there’s only one SE30 in all of Texas! Well done sir, someone has to lead the charge.