Feeler...might sell my SE30 project

Guys,

I have an opportunity to pick up a new DD, which would make my current E30 my track car. But that means my current SE30 project would have to go.

Here’s a link to the project. LOTS of pics inside & out of the car. Nikita, my 1987 325iS SE30 project

The deets:
1987 325iS. Manual, of course.

M20 runs fine for the street. I assume anyone going racing will freshen it up, though

VERY small amounts of rust on the door edges. Nothing on structural areas.

Alpineweiss coupe shell. Except for the couple of rust areas on the door edges (and perhaps one on a rocker panel), paint is very clean!

NEW windshield wiper motor

Sunroof cartridge has been removed.

Interior has been removed. ALL tar is out of the car. Almost all of the seam sealer that was brushed on has been removed as well.

Heater core has been removed

Stock suspension

Rebuilt ATE brake calipers

NEW OEM brake master cylinder

NEW SS brake lines (only the fronts are currently installed, but the car will come with the full kit)

Put new Brembo brake rotors on the fronts over the summer. A little surface rust, but not even 25 miles on the rotors

Front pads are new Textars. I have not done the rear brakes at all.

NEW CPS (crank, not cam)

Running M20. Odometer of course doesn’t work, but I’d estimate she’s north of 300K miles

Dash was removed. I have a dash that will go with the car. Has one small crack (2") that I superglued so it would not spread (the old dash was cracked to snot!)

Stock 14" basketweaves on decent Sumitomos.

Front & rear windshield are removed currently. They go with the car, and I can re-install if the buyer wants me to.

Clean title. Car appears to be straight & true.

I have the seats that came with the car. They are not very nice!

ABS light was illuminated on the dash

Stock MTech 1 steering wheel is on the car

Battery’s got to be toast at this point

BTW, Recaro Pole Positions seats & Schroth harnesses are NOT included in the sale. They will go into the new track car

Basically, it was a really clean stock car, that I’d started removing parts from to prepare her for track duty. I’d gotten some stick from people about this, as it is a REALLY clean car!

So, what do you guys think this is worth? Any interest in the car??

Any thoughts as to it’s worth, guys?

$1,500?

Steve,

I think that’s probably about right. I am most likely going to turn my ‘Feeler’ thread into a full-on ‘For Sale’ thread tonight.

I’ve spent a lot of time on her, but I guess I’ll just be glad to have learned the things I did while working on her.

Thanks for the input!

[quote=“Kingston” post=70362]Steve,

I think that’s probably about right.[/quote]
Take my opinion with a grain of salt. Based on my car buying and selling activities, if I think it’s worth $1500 it is a solid $1000 <<he says, having just walked by the 1989 325i that was a bargain at $2k, which is now probably worth $500 after I spent an equal amount having the shop strip it for cage.>>

I’ve changed my mind about selling the car. I’m going to continue to work on her this year, while I race Chump with my team, and do as many HPDEs as possible in my current car. This way, my Alpine shell should ge all ready to go next year, but I’ll still be able to hit the track a bunch this year.