Feasible or a waste of time/money?

Saw this and since I need a Traqmate setup, thought this would be cool in a E30. However, how complicated would the install be to get all functions of the Traqdash and oil pressure, water temp gauges to work correctly?

I don’t see enough info about the Traqdash to be able to tell what the level of difficulty would be. But it probably would not be that bad.

I can’t tell how “smart” that unit is as compared to an IQ3 (or better), but from a racer’s perspective a “smart” dash has several benefits. My IQ3 allows me to program in intelligent warning lights. I have one light that comes on if the oil pressure drops below 30psi when the engine is at 3000rpm or greater. Another light comes on if the engine is below 3000rpm and the oil pressure is less than 20psi (essentially an idle pressure warning). A light comes on if the engine temperature is above 225F or if the cooling system pressure is below 4psi and the temperature is above 140F. The only light I expect to see is a flash of the idle oil pressure light at start. On track I can ignore the gauges and just drive as long as I see no red lights. So if no red lights, keep the go pedal on the floor!

I have the Iq3 also but i think someone with a lot of smarts could make the arduino adk better than my iq3. You could use the android phone as the display and it allready has gps and accelerometers in it.