Farewell

Guys, I’m sorry to report that Nationals is going to be my last race for a while and the car will be sold. I have a multitude of a reasons for this but I’m really going to miss racing with this group. Sunday’s race was just another one of those great races that is more the norm than the exception. Can’t believe I have no video. The off track comaderarie is just as enjoyable as the on track stuff. I will put together a detailed for sale after Nationals but I’ll give first dibs to anyone in this region or the Midwest (it dyno’d at 156/154 after Sunday’s race). I hope to see the majority of you in a few weeks.

Sounds like all the more reason to go out there and win Nationals!

Sad to see a great competitor and one that helped to grow our regions hang up the helmet. Guys like you, Michael, Anthony, FastTech guys… is why I decided to run SE30. You will be missed.

You say ‘for awhile’. Are you interested in the occasional shared weekends, similar to what we did at Nelson’s last year?

Simon, I can’t tell you how sad it is for me to hear this. You’re one of the great ones that we love having around and racing against. I hope that you and the family will still come around and that maybe we can get you back in the game at some point. You will have no excuse for not visiting Putnam!

Here’s to Great Lakes guys sweeping the podium at Nationals!

Yeah I won’t be gone I’ll still have the racing suit and helmet :), I’ll definitely try to make it to Putnam next year to watch, the kids love it.

Simon,

You will be missed by me and my family. So sorry to see you leave. I remember back to our beginning. Hell, that was one wife and one long term girlfriend ago. You will always have a seat for your skinny ass in my car. Just let me know when you will be around the track and it’s yours.

If the twins like it better to see their dad race at Putnam, then there will be a car with you’re name on it, especially if you like a red car! (Osborne beat me to the punch)

Actually, you can drive Michael’s one day and mine the next so you can beat us both! lol.

I’m bummed to hear this too. I just got to know you this year and I was looking forward to your wife bringing the twins and my daughter coming out more.

Simon, NOOO!!!

I’ve been using you and your family as the example to my wife of “why-it’s-okay-for-me-to-race-see-honey-Simon-does-it-and-they-take-their-twins-to-the-track-and-you-should-come-too.”

Really bummed that we will only get to race a couple of times together in SE30 in your current car, but hope you can get back to the track soon. Especially, since I have you to thank for helping me find the car and finally getting me back into the sport.

Looks like I get to return the favor in a couple of years, hopefully.

See you in a couple of weeks!
John

:frowning: !

I’ll second Cameron’s sentiment.

Simon,

Sorry to hear you’re leaving the sport. You’re a clean and savvy racer and an all around good guy! Your certainly someone I’ve tried to emulate on track. Hopefully we’ll see you out again in the not too distant future.

Other than yer funny accent, I’ve enjoyed seeing you both times we’ve done nationals together. OK, more the first time than the second. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck with the sale. I’m sure whoever gets your car will be happy with it.

Of course, you’re welcome to put it in long-term storage next to mine (at least until I can catch up with tuition, summer camp, orthodontist bills… Look out Nationals 2026 after the kids are out of college!).

Somehow I missed your farewell until now Simon. You’re honestly one of the reasons I’ve been able to leave the BMWCCA DE nest and try a little free flight. Your wit, wisdom, and observations will be missed. We won’t particularly miss regularly having our heads handed to us. But doing families well is a lot of work and I think your priorities, as usual, are rock solid. Bonne chance and hope you can come out and play again when the kids have their own priorities in which you don’t figure any longer.

Well you missed it long enough for me to reconsider, I’m not selling the car for now. I won’t be racing next year though. We’ll see what happens, thanks for the kind words everyone. Hope to see you all at the track soon.

Lol, awesome. We waited him out.

I think that every couple of years I’m going to announce my departure so I can hear kind words.

Hmm. But the risk? What if there is none? Ok, never mind.

I think you should pursue this strategy Ranger. There’s absolutely no downside and you might dramatically improve your chances of receiving kind words. One is an infinitely higher percentage than zero. I’ve tried this at work several years in a row in hopes it would elicit some small token increase in remuneration. Alas.