Exhaust - Rule Change????

I seem to have read somewhere that there may be a specified exhaust coming in this series at some point?

Any truth to that rumor? When I take my car in to get the engine replaced, I was thinking about having my guy go ahead and fab my exhaust, but if there is a good chance that I may need to change it, I’ll just stick with my current stock setup for the time being and wait it out.

Any insight guys? Carter?

There will be a spec exhaust, and Carter is "working on it" last time he posted on the subject. I’d hold off. We should have an answer for the 2008 rules, I expect.

I’m in the same boat, I went with the stock piece with the cats taken out for now. I’m going to take a wait and see approach, until I spend any significant amount of money on the exhaust.

We are working with a well known supplier and they were supposed to get back to me regarding some testing they have done. I have called a couple of times and can’t get the contact. I’ll keep working on it but to give you guys some kind of an idea, we should have the exhaust specs in the rules by the middle of the summer, to be required for next year. That’s the plan for now.

Carter

please make sure that the new rules allow for the stock cat (or just its shell) to remain in place for those street driven spec e30’s to pass emissions.
thanks,
bruce

Carter wrote:

[quote]We are working with a well known supplier and they were supposed to get back to me regarding some testing they have done. I have called a couple of times and can’t get the contact. I’ll keep working on it but to give you guys some kind of an idea, we should have the exhaust specs in the rules by the middle of the summer, to be required for next year. That’s the plan for now.

Carter[/quote]

Carter wrote:

[quote]We are working with a well known supplier and they were supposed to get back to me regarding some testing they have done. I have called a couple of times and can’t get the contact. I’ll keep working on it but to give you guys some kind of an idea, we should have the exhaust specs in the rules by the middle of the summer, to be required for next year. That’s the plan for now.

Carter[/quote]

Thanks for the update Carter, sounds good!

leggwork wrote:

[quote]please make sure that the new rules allow for the stock cat (or just its shell) to remain in place for those street driven spec e30’s to pass emissions.
thanks,
bruce

Carter wrote:

Carter[/quote][/quote]

Definitely.

Carter