Exhaust install issue

Hey everyone,
I am currently in the process of installing the exhaust system I just received from Paul poore. Right off the bat after cutting off the existing system down to the bare manifold pipes, the Y pipe is the same size pipe it appears as the manifolds thus doesn not slide over or inside of them. The manifolds are stock and I dont se any other parts in the package that would go here. Am I missing something or do I need to remedy this myself via using pipe connectors to fit the size? Any experiences

Thanks much

I cut slits in the Y pipe so they could expand more and slide over the manifold. They come off and go on easy now, but I’m pretty sure I have a decent exhaust leak because of the slits. Car runs well though so no worries…

[quote=“ttiede” post=64519]Hey everyone,
I am currently in the process of installing the exhaust system I just received from Paul poore. Right off the bat after cutting off the existing system down to the bare manifold pipes, the Y pipe is the same size pipe it appears as the manifolds thus doesn not slide over or inside of them. The manifolds are stock and I dont se any other parts in the package that would go here. Am I missing something or do I need to remedy this myself via using pipe connectors to fit the size? Any experiences

Thanks much[/quote]
I had Midas do mine. They had fitment issues too, so they just welded it all together.

Good to know, Ill just do some slight mods and slices and weld it all up. Thanks again

The welds will help with getting on and off trailer too. The Spec exhaust is so low it hits getting in my trailer. I’ve knocked it off before getting it in there.

I had a similar issue when I tried to fit the Spec Exhaust in that the pipes all seemed to be the same diameter so they wouldn’t slide in. I did like most and took it to a shop and just had them weld the front section to the OEM header. I left my rear section removeable though.

Some grinding, a hammer and some patience perserveered. I am concerned as to how long the exhaust is, Im sure Ill rip it off while loading it on the trailer or off for that matter!

I fixed that issue by making jack stands in my rear 2x4 stake pockets. two 1.5in perforated square tubes welded together down the center to make a 2x4 and a steel pad welded on the bottom. They are held in place with head bolts that go longitudinally through the stake pockets. When I load and unload the trailer I pull the bolts and drop them down and reinstall the bolts. That way I can load the car with the front jacked up so high that the ramps are parallel to the bed with the hitch disconnected. I had been planning on taking some pictures of it but haven’t gotten around to it.