Events of any sort coming up?

I just signed up this evening to find out what events there may be coming up. I drive an e30 cabrio so I don’t plan to participate, but I’d be interested in being a spectator at anything you may know of so that I can get a taste for it. There doesn’t appear to be anything on the calendar at this time. I’m interested in not only spec races but also any HPDE’s or drift events where there will be e30’s present. Maybe this thread could be used to list the non-spec events as I assume the calendar will fill up as things get scheduled.

I live in Palm Coast, Florida - on the East Coast. Let me know what’s up!

Russell,

WELCOME! Head over to nasaforums.com and check out the FLorida region for info on events - you might be able to find out some more on schedules for 2008. I am sure they will get posted here soon, but for most folks here, its off season.

If you are interested in the drift scene, I know of a guy in Ft. Lauderdale with a turbo e30 who drifts. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rwdrift I think there are some other e30s drifiting down there as well.

Hi Russell,

Too Bad you were not a day or two earlier. There was a Chin Motorsports event at Sebring this weekend (still going on at the time of writing) and there were 4 E30s there yesterday. Skip Bennett’s #167 Spec E30 car that has many race miles on it, my 99% complete Spec e30 car, an instructor’s (don’t know his name) 325is track car and another very quick 318is tt car.

PBOC’s Winterfest is coming up Jan 17th-20th and Johnny Allen plans to have two cars there. I’ll be there as well and might race (year end funds permitting) as well.

Don

There’s a NASA event Jan. 5th and 6th at Homestead. Not sure if any SpecE30’s are running, but I’ll be there sunday doing my first HPDE. I won’t have my E30 ready yet, so I’ll be doing this in my MINI. I should be easy to spot as it’s Orange. Looking forward to getting some events under my belt so I can start moving towards racing.

Don Stevens wrote:

[quote]
PBOC’s Winterfest is coming up Jan 17th-20th and Johnny Allen plans to have two cars there. I’ll be there as well and might race (year end funds permitting) as well.

Don[/quote]
This is good information… What is PBOC, and where is this going to be? I guess this is common knowledge to most people, but I don’t even know where most of the tracks are at. Is there anything near Jacksonville or Daytona?

Armando Perez wrote:

Is this at the Homestead race track? Is this going to be a really big event?? Is this a road course racing event, a drift event, or what? Thanks for the info. Homestead is too far for me to go and come back on the same day. I’d like to find something closer, if I can.

PBOC is Porsche BMW Owners Club…

www.pbocflorida.com

The Jan 16-20 event is at Sebring.

The NASA event at Homestead is at Homestead/Miami Raceway and it will be a road race event with HPDE (High Performance Driver’s Education) format as well. I don’t happen to be going to that event.

Relative to tracks near Jax/Daytona…DIS is obvious. Roebling Road Near Savannah is close to Jax.

Don

Don-
Sounds like you’ve made a lot of progress on the car… any pics? I’m getting ready to add some to our site…
We’re just about ready to roll again and we’ll be going to Winterfest - we’ll have to find you there. We’re planning to be there all four days…let’s hope the “shakeout” of the car doesn’t actually shake anything out! :cheer:
See ya soon,
Natalie