Engine Installation

Finally getting a good start on the build. Unfortunately, I got a caged chassis and didn’t have the luxury of dismantling it, so every step is a new learning and also finding all the small bits to make things work.

Now, I have the Rear Subframe going in and the Front Subframe going in, and installing the missing sway bars.

Question, can I install the engine/tranny with the front sway bar installed, or should I wait to install it until after I drop in the engine/tranny package?

Thanks

Wait.

I’m with Brian. Might as well wait. Sway bar designs vary. Some have more clearance under the engine and tranny than others. Putting the engine and tranny into the car as a single unit is easiest. Some like to do it from above, some like to do it from below.

From below the sway bar can’t be there. From above the sway bar could be there, but keeping it out of the way will let you move the engine/tranny around a bit more as you maneuver them into place.

If the tranny is already in and all you’re doing is putting in the engine from above, the sway bar won’t get in your way.

Thanks, it’s an Ireland set so I’ll set it aside until the engine and tranny are in. Planning it as a one piece install.