Enduro prep

In preping for the enduro, the rules state a min 5 lb fire extinguisher must be present in the pit equipment.

Any advice on what others are doing to meet this requirement? I found the following that I think might meet the requirement, but wanted to know what others are doing.

Thanks,
Ed

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=295,172,56,363_4238&action=product

Ed:

I did enduros (ECU Series) with SCCA for a few years and I think I went to Lowes and bought one.

It’s with me at every race weekend.

Carter

Thanks Carter - that would be a more cost-effective option! It appear they only require A,B,C rating -
Ed

I did the same for PCA Club Racing Enduros. Just a simple Home Depot/Lowes 5lb extinguisher. I keep it in my trailer box so it’s always handy in the paddock as well.

I’m not running the enduro, but I was glancing through the rules last night. I think it said that one ten pound or two five pound extinguishers were required. Double check me though.

Sasha

Sasha - Section 8.1. There are several items mentioned that are 5 lbs, but only one extiniquisher - thanks for checking - it would have sucked to get disqualified for that.
Ed

Also, let it be known that if someone runs into an issue and needs something for the enduro, you can team-up with another racer and pit together, making more items available.

If someone needs something, let the group know. I’ll have my boxtruck with more spares and tools this season.

B)

Carter

Carter wrote:

[quote]Also, let it be known that if someone runs into an issue and needs something for the enduro, you can team-up with another racer and pit together, making more items available.

If someone needs something, let the group know. I’ll have my boxtruck with more spares and tools this season.

B)

Carter[/quote] sharing a pit space is allowed and it is an easy way to share tools, resources, crew, etc. Make sure you have all the required stuff at the wall for your team. This IS checked and you will get a penalty for non compliance. Also think about your refueling operation and make sure you either do not spill or can catch 100% of any spills. A couple drops will not be penalized but it won’t take too much to earn the penalty.

Ed,

I found what I was referring to: if you download the PDF on the NASA website assocaited with the entire upcoming weekend at VIR, there’s a section of rules modifications. Under the "Safety" heading it says:

"Each team is REQUIRED to have a fully charged 10 LB fire extinguisher (or two 5 LB ) in the pits with them at all times."

Sasha

Sasha - good catch. The "fine print" at the beginning of document notes that the supplemental rules supercede the CCR and enduro rules. So, I guess I will be buying a big one or 2 little ones for the pits. Thanks for following up on this.

Ed

Thanks Sean. If I understand correctly, you can use a funnel but need to be careful. I imagine it doesn’t take much fuel to hit hot brakes to create a fire.
Ed