Electrical cutoff switch: harbor freight?

While not strictly spec e30 related, is anyone running the harbor freight ultra cheapie electrical cutoff switch?

I picked one up while I was at HF last time I was there since it’s super cheap. Now I’m having doubts on pulling the trigger to put it in my LeMons 325i.

Assuming you are are only going to use it as an emergency kill, it would probably be okay if it will pass current well enough to operate the starter.

Nearly everything I’ve bought from HF failed in a week or so. I’ve got a set of impact wrench sockets that have not exploded yet, but if their tools/parts have any moving parts they do not seem to hold up to everyday usage.

I think I’d spend the $30-40 on a decent switch so I didnt get disconnected in the middle of a race.

John

Adam,

You’re probably OK with the HF switch since the Lemons race is only one weekend. Like my old geology professor use to say about tools (he was a car guy)…“if you plan to use the tool only one time…buy the cheapest one…otherwise buy the best you can afford”.

The Lemons race seems to me like a one time use of a tool :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Scott

If you want to buy a more expensive one, use it once and then take off the price of the harbor freight one, I’ll buy it when you’re done.:wink: