East Coasties coming to Laguna Seca in 2015

As National Director of Morale and Beer I’m attempting to bring some Eastern types to a Laguna Seca event. I need some help tho. This kind of thing is going to have to be planned way out. Talk to me about…

1. A 3 day event. A NASA weekend with a Friday track day, or something like that.

2. Car rentals. I’m not sure how many guys are going to show up, but I’m guessing 3-4. Doesn’t need to be anything terrific, but it would be nice for the brakes to work.

We’re not coming over to show you how fast we are, or otherwise conduct dick measuring. We just want to come play on Laguna Seca. Well, Sandro’s pretty fast so he might beat a couple of you, but I’m just coming to drink your beer.

Scott, an idea I’ve long had is the east coast/west coast car swap. You crew for them at Road Atlanta and vice-versa.

Damages paid for by participant…otherwise you give 'em a fresh set of tires and gas and share the hotel and blah, blah, blah. Pick 'em up at the airport, make a new BFF.

Or, treat it as a complete business transaction.

Hell, get a big enough group for a RA event and Pantas will give 'em their own run group. (They can hang with us in the OFL?)

Great idea, Travis did the same with a buddy that runs Pro 3. Ask him how it worked?

RP

PS Sonoma anyone?

The idea of a car swap has it’s charms. The trick would be to find someone that is as protective of their car as I am of mine.

A great solution would be Drive-Gear like. They are very adept at repairing damage and rely on repeat customers so have a model that is more than fair to the driver if shit happens. When a Miata hit Fred hard at WG in a Drive-Gear car a couple years ago, Fred’s bill wasn’t that high. In contrast, when AR got taken out by Lako at Barber in Feb, the outfit that rented AR the car wanted $25k. Sure, I’ll be especially careful with someone else’s car, but shit can hit you out of the blue. Then it gets dicey.

It would depend on if there is a friday test day available to us. (That changes week to week)

my car would be available for rent and I know of another car that could be available. Its a 7hr tow for us and typically this is a NorCal-SoCal crossover event. Its just a metter of getting cars to the track for you guys. There are a couple rental cars in NorCal as well, hopefully they chime in but we could make this happen and have a great time!

The problem with friday test days is on most weekends Laguna has a 92dba limit. I’ve tried adding a supertrapp only to find it gets ripped off in 8a.

I believe that between SoCal and NorCal, there are probably about 6 cars for rent if my math is right…but then again, I still have my shoes on.

And Laguna Seca is not that easy to get 3 days booked. It’s a lottery to get dates and first you have to see when you get to pick your dates, then you have to see if anyone is over lapping. Then you have to tackle the decibel limit. That is if you are going to race.

If you guys want a couple track days, there are some outfits that offer that and a couple of them have door to door race groups. If we put enough cars out there, they would easily accommodate us.

Ranger;

I have 2-3 SpecE30’s that will be available for Rental. One of them is the 2011 & 2012 Norcal Champ car http://www.btmmotorwerks.com/gallery/index.php/Spec-E30-Racing/5U1A6926
You even get to use our indoor drivers lounge with food and beverages provided.
We also have these cars available for the Norcal Nationals.

I would be down for this if we can make it happen, and I can plan for it in advance. Laguna Seca has always been a destination track for me.

With the NOLA race getting cancelled today my 2014 bucket list roadtrip just became a goatscrew. That makes me all the more determined to do a big bucket list event next year. Laguna Seca baby.

Too damned bad #1 wife is out of town the weekend of West Coast Nats. I confirmed a couple hours ago that her trip is still in cement. The boys are old enough that I can sneak out for a couple hours, but heading out for 4-5 days isn’t going to work.

Hmm. But maybe it’s time my mother visited from Oregon. Hmm.

Ranger, are you talking about doing a rental and hitting the 2014 West Coast event? You are an ambitious man!

I lost my 2014 bucket list event. It’s a desperate hour.

It would be great to have some of you East Coast types out to race with us!

Laguna is a great track and well suited for the E30.

Looks like plenty of cars for rent. And I know a couple of guys who would be happy to share any local knowwledge they have about the track to get you up to speed.

Hope to see a few of you out here next year.

Well, unless you knew something the rest of us didn’t…the PERFECT Laguna event in 2015 would be the NASA Western States Championships at the end of July. There are a couple of options for rentals on the west coast…including myself, let me know if you’d like more information.