E30 wiring harness question...

i am currently building a new car for 2012 and was thinking about making my own body harness. With the absence of more than 70% of the electrical functions needed for a race car, why not? Thinking about a dedicated fuse box inside the car for the racing electrical components, simple and probable safer than 20 year old wiring.

Would this be illegal?

If i designed and built a harness that everyone could buy, would there be anyone interested?

Peter Thibault

Hello Pete,

Mike and I are doing the same thing for his e36 LS1 project. We are using this - http://www.autorod.net/products/?TB_LINK=table_485bf7d08e08a

The engine is running. The only thing we need to complete is the ABS component. Would be happy to collaborate.

Ed

I’d love to do this if I had the time to figure it out. Chasing wiring issues this past year was a nightmare. It’s still haunting me. Not everything is even fixed.

Please take good notes / diagrams etc and share.

I too would be interested in doing this. I’ll be doing something like this soon for our Chump car we’re building.

if the cost was reasonable, i would likely be interested in two. Would the harness use factory cluster?

The cost is free. How about making it legal?

Wiring is free as long as it serves no other function.

Support freedom of wiring.

I allready proposed it

[quote=“turbo329is” post=62494]The cost is free. How about making it legal?

Wiring is free as long as it serves no other function.

Support freedom of wiring.

I allready proposed it[/quote]

I was asking the cost of a full body wiring harness as i very much dislike trying to build harnesses, I’ve been there and done that and if someone else wants to do it i will gladly pay them as i know how much of a nightmare it is.