Driveshaft loop

It’s on the tech sheet…anyone have one?? Alfa’s in vintage are required, never seen a problem in BMW’s…

Al

I feel like the driveshaft support bearing should be good enough. It is metal and mounts to both sides of the driveshaft tunnel. :smiley:

It not in our rules and I don’t see it in the ccr either. Whoever made the tech sheet must race AI or something.

You’re correct on the AI.

Im building a car right now. A DS safety loop is on my list of TO DO’s. Is it mandatory?

Ray

Right now it’s not really allowed. My suggestion would be that if you want to do something along these lines, put a strap around the back of your tranny. I’d check with your regional director, but in the SE a lot of us have a strap around our muffler and if no one cares about that, probably no one will care about the strap around your tranny. Just don’t go crazy and make the strap into something that might add rigidity to the frame.

AFAIK no one has written a formal rule change request to allow this, so you’re certainly welcome to.

Bottom line last. Ask your regional. If you’re going to Nationals, request that your regional get it blessed from Carter.